David Cassidy and Bravo..

A fellow fan and a friend, wonderful Araceli Ramirez from Spain posted yesterday a video I've never seen before. I knew about that programme earlier, and there are screen shots on the DC Official website, but no video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-U77UEwxw

Wow..that hair, everybody looked like that in the 80s, even me..It's amazing that all the time something new appears..And that video has made me think about the importance of Bravo in the 70s. We lived behind the Iron Curtain, Poland was a communist country, so we didn't have Western mgazines.or any newspapers or books. Some western music was played on our radio, but I didn't know how my fav singers looked like. It changed  a little bit in the second part of the 70s when they loosened our leash a bit. Some music programmes appeared on our tv, some stars were invited to take part in them , ABBA and 10 CC for example , but that lack of choice was very depressing. For many Polish teens  in the 70 the German Bravo was the main source of information about what interested our peers on the other side of The Wall..

David appeared several times as a guest star on many German tv programmes..I don't know why, but the audience, especially in the 70s, didn't look very excited. I can imagine myself if I ever had a chance to be one of those girls..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0hjhwKx5s

Wow..amazing how he looked . I remember so well those happy days when someone brought a Bravo copy to school. Those colour pics of stars..David and Shaun, Donny, Sweet, Slade, Marc Bolan, Bay City Rollers, Wings and Smokie, Suzi.., and some German celebrities I never heard about..Of course no one knew German, but it was so exciting, everything, also adverts and those teen romance photo stories..

And Germany again. Due to many unusal circumstances I spend the December of 1985 in West Germany. I had a dear German friend who'd sent me an official invitation, and to my astonishment I got a passport and a German visa. It was like I got a pass from prison, we spent a magical time together, had a lot of adventures..she was a great friend. She lived in a small, like from a faity tale town, she studied medicine and  I was a little bit disappointed that she didn't have a tv set. Anyway, her parents who lived in Krefeld had, and we visited them two or three times. They had a huge house and  a tv set was in the attic. I asked if I could..That was the first  time I ever saw a music video. MTV. You can't imagine what it meant for me..I remember the first one, Kate Bush, 'Running Up the Hill', and of course 'Last Christmas' and  A-ha - 'Take On Me' and many more, but not David..

So let's see David now. Singing 'Last Kiss' in Germany, 1985..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtHXxx5nsos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'