Do You Believe In Magic / John Sebastian

It was a great hit when David was 15 years old. The Lovin' Spoonful's debute single from their debiut album. #9 on the Billboard. I don't know, The Lovin' Spoonful,  I was too young for them, and truly speaking it's been a surprise for me when I've read today the group was inducted into The RRHoF in 2000.

In the 70s Shaun had a hit with a cover of 'Do You Believe In Magic', # 31 in 1978. And DC made a cover too, and released it on his Then And Now album in the USA, in 2002. The fragment of this song was used in Mervyn Christmas advert. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXbJ6hH43Wo

Very nice. and it's happened that yesterday I was writing a synopsis for that TPF's episode in which Partridge Family appeared in chickens outfits..and even dressed as a rooster David looked great. Anyway I started watching TPF's and David's commercials and had a lot of fun..

According to the website, in the 60s, a show couldn't go on the air if there was no sponsor signed on. And one of the last network/program sponsorships was Kellogg's sponsorship of The Partridge Family. Again DC had no luck and had to do it and sang on it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28HF41in0A

We know that also a commercial for Burger King with David singing 'I Woke Up In Love This Morning' was made, maybe it's better that we don't have it..And I love how DC sang a jingle for the M&Ms advert in 1984..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHjKBBBQnw8

Magic..'delicious chocolate wonderland'..The best known and really great tv advert using David's music, was the film which won several awards, the Levis Wide Leg Jeans commercial.from 1997. Everything in it was perfect, actors and the way they looked, but first of all it was a great idea to use I Think I Love You. The 70s was very popular in the 90s of course, and the way the lyrics, their  meaning was used, was really very smart. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRnFDmqAyc

Today's post is rather short, but I'm leaving my blog..for a while. Hope will be back on December 19th.

to be continued..








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'