Frozen Noses / David Cassidy

We have already quite a lot of snow in Poland (I'm not a fan of it), but what a great opportunity to play that song. So wonderful and magical, a real gem..Makes me think about the time..when only love was important..not weather conditions or the lack of money, so  '..and though they both shiver neither one cares..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkgbGip3s4

'There is a story behind every song that I wrote'. DC's own songs, not those he co-wrote,  but songs  he wrote both the music and lyrics all by himself.. So what he was writing about? Love. Heartache.There were millions in love with him, but DC wrote songs about how unhappy in love he was..'Two Time Loser', a teen idol and his lonely nights. And this live version is absolutely amazing, better than a little bit slower and more pompous recorded one. This is a very good song, sincere and moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2mqmBPVmMU&t=4s

'The first song I ever wrote and recorded on my own without anyone's permisson was 'Ricky's Tune'. Yes, Wes was a boss and David had to fight for his independence. DC was young and impatient, but after many years he admitted that Wes of course was very good at what he did. ' I was never allowed to become the songwriter I should have been bc of the control that  Wes had. I did write a few songs on those albums (TPF's), but I'd usually had to write with Wes' (D.Cassidy:Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

So this is the best song wrote by the producer and his very talented singer. It should have been a pop and soul classic, a song known by the general audience..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrdlR1fKr4

This is absolutely amazing. Everything is just fabulous, perfect, The bass line (Max Bennett), Hal Blaine's drums, Mike Melvoin's piano, the harmonies and David's powerful and exciting vocals. I think this song was a collective work and all musicians who played on it added extra something. Their enthusiasm is almost audiable..Enough, but I truly love this song.

David also wrote (himself and with Wes)  for TPF- 'There'll Come a Time' , 'Lay It On The Line' or "Mystical Lady'..the last one not very suitable for Keith Partridge's audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvl_ppcLeU4

He was learning, working so hard. DC was so busy, but writing own songs was very important if he wanted to be a real star. 'I felt wrenching conflicts about having made it as a music star without having picked, much less written, most of the songs I recorded'. But at last he was free and with Bruce Johnston's help he recorded this great concept album, 'The Higher They Climb, The Harder They Fall', and as Dave Thompsone wrote :  'Cassidy's pen is visible all over the place. The prevoding mood of the entire album is of a performer who new precisely what he was doing and remained in control all the way..' 

And who wrote this great statement..'When I'm A Rock'nRoll Star'. I love the live version of it (of course) from 1985, and Sharon Angulot's.' fantastic video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhh_wtOJnk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'