50 months..

That's a lot of time.The world has changed from November 2017. This big one and that personal. We have new leaders and we face new challenges, At the time DC passed away I learnt that I would be a grandmother, and now my grandsons are big, healthy boys. Time doesn't stand still for anyone..and we can't go home again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnC-Pyx3Yw

Recently two artists have died and I read that they've gone too soon. One was 73 and the other 74 years old..

Jon Lind, the co- writer, with Sue Shifrin, of 'All Because Of You'. Jon Lind died from cancer on January 15th . The song was first recorded by Cher, appeared on her hit album 'Heart Of Stone' in 1989.  4 singles were released, and 'All Because Of You' was side B of 'Heart Of Stone' ( January 1990). David Cassidy recorded his version for his self-titled album released in October 1990. Don't ask me why, I wish I knew. Why not 'Crazy Over You' instead? But 'All Because Of You'  is of course a very good pop song, I love the way they sing it , they were so happy at that time, Sue and David..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATn-z4PDi_I&t=44s

David and Sue wrote some really outstanding songs together, it's impossible to say which one is my favourite. I love 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams'. 'For All The Lonely' and 'One True Love' are simply wonderful, 'I'll Never Stop Loving You' is of course another great number (co-wrote with John Wetton) also 'Like Father, Like Son ( with S. Diamond). And last but not least, and I truly love everything about this song, the music, lyrics, arrangment and DC's voice, mature and..sexy - 'Tell Me True'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArLR1M-vlAk

Marvin Lee Aday, known as Meat Loaf, died only yesterday. I can't say that I've ever listened to his music, but of course I know how popular he was, also in Poland. And I also know that Sue Shifrin in the 80s, wrote a song for him ( with Terry Britten). She really was a very good songwriter..once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dy9KchMHe8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'