Sunshine Eyes / Terry Cashman, Tommy West

 I'm ..skating on a thin ice?..enter the minefield?  a slippery slope? Anyway I know I must be careful while writing about that delicate topic - rare and unreleased The Partridge Family's recordings, because I know that I know nothing. But let's start with the song, pre-David, a song recorded for The Partridge Family, but never used anywhere, not on any episode, or an album. If it was used, and first of all if it was sung by David Cassidy, it could have been a hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI0q__ZdDvs

I doubt if he'd had been very happy with it..We know that DC didn't like some TPF's songs he had to record. But on the other hand his young, sincere, beautiful voice was just perfect for  such pop hits. And I talked about them yesterday with a fellow fan from Brasil, Alexandre. How we loved those romantic TPF's songs and what a shame some of them weren't released. And  probably there were more but they were lost for us forever.

So instead writing about sth else I've spent some night hours watching Australian Open (I'm a huge tennis fan) and  listening to those rare recordings. Also reading about them. And it's a new world for me..eg I've never heard about 'The Partridge Family - All About David Cassidy', promo EP released in Japan in 1971, or about another album with the same title but with another tracks on it, and there are some new words for me like 'master take' or 'master rigths' or 'a bootleg recording' I tried to understand, read comments...hope someone knows more about it and maybe would like to write a blog for us...I can only say that I enjoyed listening to those recordings very much. They are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VknhXPj4qA

This is a link with info to that first promo EP

https://www.discogs.com/release/11293660-The-Partridge-Family-All-About-David-Cassidy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'