'There Are Many Lessons To Learn From That Video, Many'

This is a fragment of one of the comments on the tapes which are called The Cassidy Collection, recorded by Elliot Mintz in Hawaii, in 1974

Let's first watch the only existing fragment of their tv interview for Eyewitness News 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sD0ZSyW1YU

David was so beautiful, amazing. Anyway, Elliot Mintz and his tapes. I've written about them a few times. Elliot met David when he lived in Laurel Canyon, before DC became a teen idol, he travelled with him..they were friends for a while, in the 70s and early 80s. Of course we know what DC wrote about Elliot in his autobiography, but I'm grateful that I could listen to those priceless tapes.Yes, I absolutely agree, 'there are many lessons to learn from that video.' So far, and it was published 2 years ago, that video had 59 925 views, which is  a very impressive number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9W-rohxVk&t=4736s

I was one of the first to listen to them, 3 hours and 50 minutes, that's a lot of time, but I was disappointed when I finished. I mean, I wanted more. Later I listened to some fragments several times, except that very private one, and in my opinion Elliot Mintz shouldn't have posted that passage. Truly speaking I don't believe that he will ever  publish more and that's ok with me, I've learnt a lot about DC, someone wrote in the another comment - 'David Cassidy's voice speaking authentically is a window to his soul'. Exactly.

And those comments..Wow. They are absolutely amazing, Fans thank Elliot, write about their love for David and how they are sorry that everything finished that way, how they appreciate his music and him as a person..One more fragment : 'the real you is 1000 times better than your persona. I am so sorry the shadow of fame hid you from us and I think yourself as well.'. And 'For some reason he didn't love himself'. Fans write  about David's addiction..also about their own struggles with alcohol. Of course some people are the most interested in David's love life, and there are some comments wrote obviously not by fans, like that one - 'He sounds spoilt, entitled, whiney, incredibly immature, arrogant and emotionally ignorant..' I can only agree (and DC also was aware of it ) that after those crazy years, in 1974, DC was immature..But I read all comments and that way I learn a lot about fans...

xxx

One more thing. Happy Birthday to Dewey Bunnell, America's co-founder, and author of many great songs. He was born 70 years ago. He did backing vocals on David Cassidy's RCA albums. They became friends..for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3cYhl2uHs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'