'There's No Place Like London..'

said DC in one  of the interviews in February 1985. Of course I've written about David and his British fans a lot of times, but this is truly a never ending story, and yesterday a fellow-fan, Tim Edwards, posted a link to a programme called Saturday Superstore and of course I started watching it  (again).

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1985March21_SaturdaySuperstore.html

DC was wonderful on it, he really felt great in the UK, and so many English journalists, broadcasters, tv and radio personalities genuinely loved David Cassidy. Tim Edwards wrote yesterday answering my comment :' He (DC) played concerts here yet his appearance on tv was always a special time for his adoring fans. I think as youngsters back then, there was no mobile phones or social media like today and we relied on magazines, newspapers and tv/radio for news, life was totally different and that's why a guest appearance on a tv programme back then was sth many of us would see as a major happening and certainly not one to miss!  (..)..not that David needed much help to drive interest when he was immensely popular and well loved here anyway.'

Yes, of course. And it was a mutual feeling. Some years ago I even made my English friends laugh when after watching some of those interviews I asked them - "Don't you think that DC..was a little bit English?'..They laughed at me for a long time..But he could speak with English accent and he loved English tea..Another one children's programme - Wide Awake Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31xsaHjLkQ

And those programmes made me think how more than 2 years ago I spent some time outside The BBC TV Center in White City. I was with my English friends at the outdoor cafe, we were talking but I also was thinking how many times David was there. The first time in February 1972 interviewed by Michael Barratt for Nationwide, and after his visit, in May 1972 fans besiedged that building demanding showing TPF again . There was a note about it ( and a pic) in The Official DC Magazine ( No. 2, Jul'72 ). 

And the last time David Cassidy was there in 2012, on May 2nd, BBC Breakfast. He told how he always was supported by the British fans, and at one point he looked straight at the camera and said : 'I love you..'

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2012May2_BBC_Breakfast.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'