David Cassidy's Influence

Fans try again to get DC into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. They write letters and I've also sent mine, we must  believe that maybe this time.. Anyway, a great lady from Canada, a wonderful and full of energy fellow fan Laurie Eby, has asked me for info on artists, musicians who have been inspired by DC. She already knows a lot, so I'm not sure that I can add more names. David inspired countless teens to start playing music and to be interested in music in general. A lot of them became musicians, music journalists and writers, radio personalities, actors. Louise Poynton talks with many of them on her podcast. And we can find a lot of such stories in her great book, 'Cherish. David Cassidy A legacy Of Love.'

Lisa Marie Presley..she loved ITILY ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aItTTid7Uy0

In the 70s DC  tried to educate his audience.  Even now he is still an inspiration for us, for me for example.  I learn a lot about music every day writing this blog. A lot of fans  play music just for pleasure because of DC. Of course the committee would not be impressed by such stories. They want known names, But..it's difficult to find a famous musician who's informed the whole world - 'I was inspired by a former teen idol, David Cassidy.'

Instead there are a lot of such statements - ' He brought music and laughter into the homes of millions' - Gloria Geynor. Or Julian Lennon : 'You were a Hero of mine growing up..'. Leonard Cohen was a member of The Partridge Family's fan club. And Quentin Tarantino, he is  not a musician, but music has been always important in his films : " When I was a kid, my favourite group forever was The Partridge Family and I still think David Cassidy is one of the great underrated vocalist in rock music history. I think he is terrific. All the people who grew up and started making music in the 90s, had a lot of the same affection as well.. So TPF was my first fav group. I Think I Love You was my first fav hit.'. Not only his..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXRGYz6GaOk

And there is one artist who  debuted on David's album 'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes', he played on every track on it,  and David recorded his song 'Hold On Me'. Michael H.McDonald, he got 5 Grammy Awards and  was inducted into RRHOF as a member of Dobbie Brothers..but he's never said anything about David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJMhqHQWho

And Harry Styles. When in 2014 'One Direction' got  the American Music Award, The Arist Of The Year, he said : 'Magazine covers and cheering audiences are great, but respect for our music is really the greatest reward. I only wish that guys like Bobby Sherman, Davy Jones and David Cassidy had gotten that kind of respect when they were performing. They were always neglected  when it came to for the awards and that simply was and remains a disgrace. I only hope that this award tonight, which we dedicate to them will let them know what they mean to us and every sixty something woman out there'

And there are quite a lot of articles about Harry Styles where DC is also mentioned. Like that one, maybe not easy to read, but interesting

https://www.capradio.org/music/npr/story?storyid=528617874&genre=Eclectic

I don't think Laurie will be very happy with my blog today, not very valuable info for her, but I will try to find more

PS. And PLEASE sign the petition!

https://chng.it/rmbFvGSMCP



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'