Steel Pier and The Official David Cassidy Website

I've wanted to write  '1972. Concerts. Part 2. Steel Pier'. DC played there 3 concerts one day in 1971 and he broke the attendance record . The place wasn't prepared for a show like David's and so many fans..Truly speaking it's difficult to say how many. I've read in one place there were 50 000 and in another that 30 000. There was only one way in and one way out and nearly no security. And to get for those 3 shows DC really risked his life. 

For the first one he arrived and left in an ambulance, but some fans guessed that DC was inside..for the second he walked all the way, right through the crowd, disguised as a woman.. Can you imagine..Amazing

David Cassidy : 'I put on a wig, glasses, lipstick, rouge, the whole deal. It scared the hell out of me when I glanced in a mirror and didn't recognise myself..I thought, 'Damn, I actually look pretty good''. It worked like a charm'. ( David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever? , 2007)

And the third time..he almost lost his life. He walked all the way through the crowd again, with one of his publicists, the girl called Byrna. David hid his hair under the hat, he put on a pair of shades, they walked embraced, even kissed a little bit, pretended to be a couple..But when they were very close to the stage door, someone recognised David and grabbed his hat.  DC : 'Instant insanity! Chaos! Screaming! I've managed to make it inside, but..If it happened a few seconds earlier, I would have been dead..'

We don't have a single pic from that concert..but let's listen to that amazing radio interview DC gave before his gig in Pittsburg, on February 19th, 1972. Fans gathered outside the building, we can hear screams and how David several times asked fans to push back. He was really worried about them..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1972Radio1.mp3

1972..It's a shame that there is no at least one DC's concert filmed. Only some audio, the MSG concert's opener and that short video from April 29, Greensboro Colliseum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oVDGe1QKg

So it was about Steel Pier and now will be about the Website. And because of The David Cassidy Official Website and some new projects we are working on, and a lot of new materials, I have to make a little break and left my blog for a while. I don't know ..maybe for a week..but in a way, I can say that David needs me, and his website ( as I've written many times) is the most important for me.

But I will be back of course..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-aBmyCX10&list=RD1Z-aBmyCX10&start_radio=1



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'