Strengthen My Love / Tim Moore

Let's listen to a  beautiful song wrote by that gorgeous and very interesting man, and really an outstanding musician, Tim Moore. From 1974 - 'A Fool Like You'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVlSSnvrHGw

Amazing..and I've learnt about him only because David Cassidy recorded his other song, and performed it live on tv.

I love reading fans comments on YT, because you can learn a lot that way, some valuable info and also what fans know and think. And hardly ever anything surprises me. But once I've read something which really has irritated me (I think I've mentioned it in one of my early blogs). 

Someone wrote sth like that - 'It was foolish that DC thought himself a serious singer and wanted a respect from his peers, because he sang bubble gum music and his peers were Donny Osmond  and Michael Jackson'. It was written with such  contempt and absolutely not true. I think I even wrote an answer to that comment. That Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson were (and still are) artists known all over the world and they never been DC's peers. Donny was born in December 1957, and MJ in August 1958. That was a huge age difference.

And David Cassidy's peers were musicians who at the beginning of the 70s were in their early 20s like him. Some a little bit older, some younger, but all of them were teens in the 60s. Some became very successful, some didn't. And DC became a reluctant  teen idol.

Gerry Beckley, Dewey Bunnell, Ricky Fataar,  Timothy B. Schmit,  Randy Meisner, Bill House, Alice Cooper, Eric Carmen, Jay Gruska or Tim Moore. And many more. They all lived and recorded in LA, they met in recording studios and at the parties..They played on friends' records, not only for money.

 DC singing Timothy B. Schmit's song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPdyNVp3oI

I love it.

And Tim Moore ? From New York, he came to LA in 1975. We can read in Wikipedia  : 'he recorded four albums (..) in the 70s. His songs were praised by critics and admired by a diverse range of peers including Keith Richards, Jimmy Webb, James Taylor and Michael McDonald (yes, the same from DC's 'Dreams'). But his records received limited attention in the USA.."

Tim Moore recorded 'Strengthen My Love' in 1977, and it was very good. And David performed it live the same year..And it was a great, wonderful and unforgettable version..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfzIImCP84

PS. And PLEASE sign the petition

https://chng.it/rmbFvGSMCP

PS. and once more Tim Moore.What a.beautiful song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dvDkfGUwY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'