A Cincinnati Whizzer Yo-yo


I'm writing a new synopsis (btw not many left). Season 3, Episode 22, 'The Partridge Connection'. First aired on March 6th, 1973 (David was already in Europe). A very interesting episode.

1. Make-up. As DC wrote himself : 'At 23, my face caked in 3 layers of make-up. I made less convincing teenager than ever'. He looked gorgeous as always, but yes, mountains of foundation, an eyeliner etc.

2. The theme of that episode - stealing and the influence of friends. Of course stealing is very common at that age (and don't tell me it's not true). I know, I remember how it was to be a teen, (and I'm a mother and a former teacher).

David also wrote about it in his autobiography, those bicycles he ..took when he was 13. 'I'd always return them or I couldn't have lived with myself. Stealing wasn't really a part of my life. It was more that if I saw a rule of any sort, I'd think, - Let's see how can I break this? Or bend this?  Being told not to do something was an enticement for me..' I love David's autobiography. So honest, sincere and it needed courage to write just as it was..

3. Danny Bonaduce, he was just great, really very moving, dramatic acting, the script was outstanding, real psychologically, but first of all Danny Bonaduce could show those emotions - guilt, loneliness and gratitude that the family was with him. He was a great child actor, not only comic. Let's watch the fragment with Laurie from an another episode. He is so funny, but also confused, he wants to understand those strange creatures - girls..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hxH_J_2M1o

And last but not least  - yo-yo..Do you remember crackers, a little bit dangerous, so many games we played in the 70s, mostly outdoors..every day was sunny and every day was an adventure.

And now we have nearly 400 000 kids from Ukraine, several thousands already go to our schools, and I hope they will  play and be happy in my country, but not for long, I believe they will be able to return home soon... Home is where the heart is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9YqTFKdPU


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'