C'mon Get Happy / Danny Janssen, Wes Farrell

David Cassidy about the songs he recorded for TPF : 'Everything we did was about happiness, joy, light, the songs are positive and inspirational.' And : 'For the last 30 years, people have walked up to me singing, -'Hello, world, here's the song that we're singing, c'mon get happy'. They wanted to hear it to the end, and DC kept singing that song for fans..whatever he thought about it himself and no matter how he felt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G8RAD8-3_A

Maybe I'm just an grumpy old woman ..blame today's International Happiness Day. For the first 27 years of my life I lived in a communist country, and we were forced to celebrate a lot of days..Miner's Day, Anniversary of  the October Revolution in USSR..many other anniversaries, and we had to learn and sing The Internationale, and had to learn and recite some awful poems about Russian-Polish friendship. I hated them and maybe it's a reason I still don't like any such days..International Happiness Day. No way, now even more with a war just behind our border. I will never get used to it.

But of course I understand why fans keep posting  DC's pics today ( with his gorgeous smile) and write about happiness and love and light he brought..and still brings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQGu0JWEhg

Was he really happy singing it..I don't know. It was his job, he earned money that way. In the 70s DC didn't perform C'mon Get Happy, and not in the 80s, and not in the 90s..he started singing it in 2000.

And in 2007 David recorded really great club-rocking new version of 'C'mon Get Happy'. I love it, it just makes you want to get up, dance, and be happy..just for a couple of minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRjWTM0SaI

Happiness, such a big word, so trivialized and overused.. DC was asked in 2014 : 'Are you happy with the person you are today?'. David Cassidy : 'I'm still working at it and probably will continue to do so for the rest of my life (..) I wake up each day hopping that I will have power to move in a more positive direction..'

the pic by Chip Deffaa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'