David Cassidy a Songwriter. Frozen Noses.

It's warm during a day, I'm spending a lot of time in my garden, and I'm writing today about 'chill winds', snow and ice..But there is quite cold at night and my family in Iceland still fights with snow. The oldest Icelanders don't remember such weather..

'Frozen Noses', the side B of the single released in 1974, the side A was 'If I Didn't Care', both songs just wonderful and so different than any other single released when DC was a teen idol. 'If I Didn't Care' recorded for the first time in 1939 (by 'Ink Spots'), it's one of the best selling single of all time, 19 millions copies sold worldwide. I always thought that it was just great and extraordinary that DC recorded his own version, what an unusual choice for the 70s teen idol, even that at the time the 20s and 30s were popular. David's 'If I Dididn't Care' cover is just amazing, his voice so smooth and dreamy. It was #9 in the UK, in May 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIrTJOLquU&t=12s

A wonderful video..

And that side B, 'Frozen Noses', David Cassidy's own song, the music and the lyrics..I'm not the only one who thinks that this song is like a lullaby, sung to a loved one. How romantic David Cassidy was. And such a talented lyricist, While listening we can imagine everything..feel the cold but also this love burning inside..

Gerry Beckley : 'I really enjoyed writing with David. They say everone has one novel in them, but to made a career out of it it is a far different thing. David is across the board; he's capable of doing lyrics and music. He's a great piano player, a nice lyricist and he's got a great voice.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

This  song is such a hidden gem, not so popular like other DC's songs, but it's simply wonderful. And his voice,..like honey..and I also think that it was not easy to sing, only looks so simple. David at his best..Pure magic.I would follow that voice everywhere.

 And another great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkgbGip3s4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'