David Cassidy a Songwriter. Junked Heart Blues

The songs David Cassidy wrote himself, music and lyrics..There is something special about them. Not easy to describe why, something magical and elusive, they are very personal and at the same time very general. So sincere and everyone who has ever been abandoned, ever has had a broken heart, understands his pain.

The songs he wrote himself in the 70s..they were so sad also because David was unhappy in love. And I can't write about those songs and not say anything about his private life. ( as much as I don't like it)

When he was a teen idol DC dated a lot of girls and some of them were written about as his love interests. David : 'I like to play the field. I haven't dated the same girl twice (April 1971) 'I'm not really looking for a steady girl', 'I dig someone who's settled, usually older than I am, who isn't that liable to do a lot of talking later (November 1972). 

And in 2007 : 'A lot of women I met struck me as opportunists. They were using me to advance hoped-for acting career or perhaps they were interested in me for my money. That ain't a real stuff.' and one more fragment ; 'I spent my life (in the 60s and 70s) going through these short, failed relationships. I'd love with one girl for a spell, then, a little while later I'd just lost interest. I stayed like that until I met my first wife, Kay Lenz'..

'Leave me gently so my heart doesn't break..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QGYBCU4pI

I remember when I watched this video for the first time. (many times of course). Just couldn't believe my eyes and ears. Perfection. Could you imagine someone more beautiful..that hair..amazing, eyes, lashes...and his voice and the song itself, and David soo sad. Of course David Cassidy was a very good actor, we must always remember about it, but yes, he was unhappy in love. 

Meredith Baxter, David fell in love with her when he was 13 years old. He wrote in his autobiography that they had managed to hide their relationship, but actually quite a lot of people knew about them, Tiger Beat wrote in 1974 that nearly 3 years after she'd broken with him  David was still unhappy : 'David's been a friend of Meredith's for a long, long time, because her father, was his mother, Evelyn's agent ( February 1974)

"those close to David  here report that he really misses his last love, Meredith (October 1974)

Watching David singing Meredith 'It's Time That I Knew You Better', on the set of TPF, is still very moving..That was not acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kF7_o3OnY



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'