David Cassidy, a Songwriter. Love Is All That You Ever Needed

 

It's not a mistake..

I've written many times how fabulous, unique singer David Cassidy was. How an outstanding live performer. About his acting career. The kind of a man he was. About his struggles, ups and downs. His fans, in the past and what are we do everyday for his legacy. But I think I haven't written enough about David Cassidy a songwriter. And what a shame he didn't write more.

The people he worked with during TPF's years, creme de la creme of the LA session musicians, absolutely the best, many of them were also known music producers and songwriters. Those great professionals genuinely liked that kid, David Cassidy. They appreciated his talent, they wanted to do everything to help him, to teach him. And DC was a very quick learner and he could use the things he was taught.It was like going to the best music academy. And very quickly, in spite of being very busy, he started writing songs himself.

DC : 'During the four years I was recording The Partridge Family albums, I was never allowed to become the songwriter I should have been because of the control that Wes Farrell had. I did write a few songs on those albums, but I'd usually have to write with Wes ; rarely would I be allowed to write or record anything on my own. Part of the reason was money.' (David Cassidy:'Could It Be Forever?', 2007)

And that wonderful, fabulous song, from 'Sound Magazine'. At first it was called 'Love Is All That You Ever Needed'. Wrote by David..I can imagine how surprised Wes was..And thanks to Cassidy Fanatic we can  listen to that amazing recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4SqracF0eA

Wow..as someone wrote in comment, it was much more mature and raw than an average TPF's recording. Wes had to do something with it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3FyxXDWhP4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'