Kay Lenz, an Actress

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing today's blog just to gossip about DC's private life, it's because I always admired that amazing woman, Kay Ann Lenz. She had birthday yesterday. 3 years younger than David, a few years older than a typical DC's fan. 

In the 70s I heard quite a lot about Kay Lenz . She was very popular in Poland, like the rest of the cast of 'Rich Man, Poor Man'. That tv series was shown in my country I think in 1978, and everybody watched it, also a lot was written about the cast. So one day I read that Kay's husband was a former teen idol, David Cassidy. There was also a pic and I thought that it was just wonderful, I thought they were the most beautiful couple in the world. There was something very moving about Kay. I thought she was different than typical American actress. Such beautiful eyes, but her beauty wasn't an ordinary kind, not for everybody so to speak. When I was a teen I couldn't put in words what I thought about her. I think  I saw, felt her sadness, seriousness.

She was so beautiful...And I was so flattered (don't laugh), when my English friends saw my pics from the early 80s and told me that there was something of Kay Lenz in me. One of the nicest compliment I've ever heard.

Kay Lenz, just like David Cassidy, was from a show business family, her father was an actor and producer, her mother a professional model, but first of all she was one of the first woman radio engineer, very independent and hard working one. Kay is like her mother.

Her first tv appearances was in 1967, when she was 14. In 1974 she already had an Emmy award and was on the road to stardom after her title role in a Clint Eastwood's  movie..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zpqhU_GcM&t=22s

And in April 1977, just 6 weeks after their first date, David and Kay got married. They were beautiful, famous and rich..And very much in love..

We know that it was a love story without a good ending, and both of them paid a price for it. Literally. They lost all their money, and their careers were in decline..In 1981 Kay had only one voice role, and in 1982 was released a movie with her, made in 1980. I read somewhere that at one point her friends started bringing her food, she had no money at all. But Kay didn't give up, and in 1984 she appeared in a great music video..with Rod Stewart.

She started working again, and in 1989 Kay Lenz got her second Emmy Award for playing..Tina Cassidy in the tv series 'Midnight Caller'. She said; 'First they wanted to change (the name) because of me, but they kept it and it didn't bother me at all.'.

Kay Lenz is a wonderful actress, strong and independent woman, she's never said a bad word about her first and only husband, and I really admire her. Also because of her involvement with The Sea Save Foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkwSx4na5x8&t=15s

'There was not a single thing that broke them up, Kay was just unhappy although wasn't sure why.'.. 'I was rather lost, feeling quite depressed over the divorce from Kay and the loss of my friendship with her..'

Trailer for "Breezy" (1973), Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Kay-lenz-trailer.jpg

Comments

  1. ...I missed seeing in your article, what David said about how Kay Lenz, was never into David's romantic nature, and his romantic ideal and advances. He said she rejected the romance, and it really hurt him to the core". This is David's own words in an interview, etc. So sad of her to treat him that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then what really broken them up?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'