Meryl Tanz Part 2. Carol Kaplan's Podcast


When you've said 'a', you should be ready to say 'b'. Or curiosity killed the cat..Anyway I've written about Part 1 of that conversation, so I will not be a chicken and will write about Part 2.

But first a song, and this one will be the best for today's blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV70Fcu8OiY&t=97s

Yes, we are still very emotional about DC and we cherish those memories. 

Meryl Tanz. Part 2. We've listened to it in the morning (me and  my English friends) and we discussed it a little bit. 

So what can I say..

1,The most important thing is, that Carol Kaplan has warned listeners they would hear things they might not like. They have a choice. She is a pro. And she let Meryl speak.

2. It was touching when Meyl Tanz' said that she still lives in the same house which she shared for a short time with David Cassidy and that she hasn't remarried, I was sorry that her daughter Caroline'd had problems at school because of DC's photo session with  S.Fox. (Btw. what for he did it?)

3. Fans.. DC wrote about them himself  a lot in his books. We also know what fans thought about Meryl. But of course all 3 DC's wives had the same problem.

4. He said once (in 2000) 'the highes were incredibly high and the lows have been really pretty low'.

I think it's not only about his career. I mean, we (fans)  are all middle aged, we've seen many things in our lives, we know why DC had so many problems, why his character has changed over the years. It's very sad and..unfortunately also very common. We all know such people..Some of us are like David. Longing for something different. A glass is always half empty. Or we  experienced a time when drinking was a problem. When I had a depression I read (after many years)  R.L. Stevenson's 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' again, in my opinion it's the best ever book about addiction..It was a very sobering moment for me. So we know that David had his struggles and it's also a part of his legacy. And because of his faults we love him even more.

5. Of course, he always had problems with money, all his life, and he loved women, he wrote about it himself..

6. Meryl Tanz was sincere..There was one moment I laughed a little bit, when she said that she missed that glamorous time she'd had when with David..And I've thought to myself that I wouldn't like to have a friend like her.

So..conclusion. I read (and listen)  everything what is printed or talked (spoken) about David Cassidy. Because of my work for the David Cassidy Official Website. And I'm glad I've listened to it, I like to know. But today one of my English friends asked me - 'Do you think I should listen to it?'. And I said, 'No'. Because I know that for her  David is still, after 50 years, the one who 'came and  showed me light'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhWktAlF-U

Are quotes are from "My Life With David Cassidy' podcast hosted and produced by Carol Kaplan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'