On Broadway / Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller

What can I say..Only that life is full of surprises, that I know nothing and that I've fallen in love today again with David Cassidy of course. Just don't know where to start. Maybe with the song and truly speaking so many artists have recorded it, at last I've decided that the most famous version will be the best. George Benson's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ef0kThw5VY

Wonderful..And now the surprise. I've known that song for years, but I had no idea who wrote it. The first version by.. Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil. Yes, I've written about them many times, the authors of 'I'm On The Road', 'Walking In The Rain' or 'Looking Through The Eyes Of Love' to name a few TPF's songs..

But what David has to do with 'On Broadway'..(Of course it would have been a perfect song for him)

I've been asked to do a set list for David's concert audio. This is something what I do from time to time, it's very needed kind of job, and not so easy as it looks. Fans recorded DC's concerts from the very beginning and on various type of equipment, sometimes violating the regulations of such concerts, sometimes these recordings are of a very poor quality. But of course we are so grateful for every single recording. They are the proof of how outstanding live performer DC was..Let's listen to a song not from a  concert, but to an audio recording from the theatre. 'Any Dream Will Do'..you can laugh, but I always have tears in my eyes listening to it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uA1TIKWAw

So early morning today I've put  my headphones on ( I haven't checked the place only have known that the audio was from 2011) and started listening..and I've had to put off the headphones right away..fans were screaming soo loud, and it was like sitting in the audience. I've checked the place..BB King Club, October 28, 2011. Something unbelieveble. With each song I've been thinking to myself 'that was awesome, the best'..but..no, no the next song even better, David was in amazing form. His voice..he was telling stories, joked with the audience. In the second part of the concert he introduced his band, those outstanding musicians.. and suddenly.. pure magic..On Broadway..and I've fallen in love with DC again (and with Craig J,) Just put your headphones on, close your eyes and start listening from 1.04,35.

David Cassidy. The one and only..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/2011Oct28_ConcertAudio.mp3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'