Puppy Love / Paul Anka

'Someone help me..' how we laughed at it..but also sang together with Donny and danced. That song was played at every school party..But of course I've never thought I will write about it on my blog. So let's listen first and I'll later tell you why..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2hgm65WhE

'Puppy Love', the biggest Donny's hit was a cover, wrote by Paul Anka in 1960 for a girl whom he had a crush on. So many the 70s hits were covers, people have short memory. The original is very moving and this video is just charming, very happy girls in the audience ( and one unmoved boy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR89JVJqBYg

So why Donny..I've been in Warsaw today, left my car at home, because now  400 000 more people live in my home city (refugees), so better use public transport. Anyway while on my way home I've been reading news and some articles and I've found that one

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/donny-osmond-child-star-las-vegas-residency-michael-jackson

So many fragments we know from DC's life and his interviews, 'everyone wants to keep you in that pigeonhole', 'I had to keep reinventing myself', 'I love what I do. I love getting on stage'. And I've had no idea that Donny Osmond sold more than 100 million albums and just released his 65th one..Amazing.

1972. David or Donny, that was the question. In that video Donny Osmond says  'it's very difficult to educate..not the public, but the industry'.So true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5BAxTh4MKw

In the 80s both of them were 'former teen idols', and started new careers in musical theatre. As we know Donny replaced David in 'Little Johnny Jones', DC was on pre-Broadway tour, but with Donny the show closed after 29 previews and only 1 performance. Donny Osmond had a great success playing Joseph in 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' (over 2000 performances) and Andrew Lloyd Webber chose him to star in the 1999 film version. And of course Donny was a great (and still is) star in  Las Vegas. For 11 years he had a show with his sister Marie (they already have got their star in LV) and Donny got (twice) 'Best Singer' award there..

I've listened to Donny's 'Any Dream Will Do'..it's sth completely different from what we know.( I don't want to listen to Donny's version again, once is enough)

Some of David's fans will see Donny's show in Las Vegas in April..I wonder if he knew about the DC's star..

Let It Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ccbCgfDCk


Comments

  1. A good connection to David and Donny . Can’t wait to see David get his star in Las Vegas too ⭐️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'