Going To England. May 2022

I'm going to England soon. In May. Thanks to David Cassidy. A dream coming true..

I was born in a communist country. Behind The Iron Curtain. We didn't have ..many, many things, but for me the most painful was the lack of  anything English, books, records, newspapers, or just pics or news. I didn't know English, we had a little bit of it at high school, but it was very basic, we were taught from very old and uninteresting textbooks. England might as well be on the Moon for me. Of course we couldn't travel abroad. 

But miracles happen, and in 1989 with the collapsing of the Soviet Union, Poland became an independent country. I was 27 years old, I had a husband, a daughter, a dog..and nothing more really. We lived in a very small rented flat and were very poor. Many years passed and at last I went to London for the very first time. Of course everything was very expensive for me, I stayed somewhere in Acton, shared bathroom with many other people, and I was walking through the streets of London very happy (and rather hungry)..Let's listen to the song about London I loved in the 70s (of course I had no idea what the song really was about)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92_qgqj9cx8

And in April 2018 at last I could afford to go on a coach tour around the UK. Two wonderful weeks, a lot of famous places..but I couldn't stop thinking and dreaming about..something else. 

About getting to know this wonderful, green island..on my own, without our hopless tour guide..and preferably on foot. And it was somewhere on the road  from York to Scotland, when I closed my eyes and think to myself : 'How I'd love to leave that coach (and those people) and just walk through those green meadows and moors, and forests, one country road after another..wherever my legs take me ..' And now after 4 years Im going to hike in England. And it will be even better, because I will not be alone, but with my friends. Wonderful, amazing English ladies I met because of David Cassidy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzqH4OxumCw

So..still a few days left, but I have so many things to do before the trip..I'm leaving my blog for a while. I'm still waiting for one more Las Vegas Story to be completed, but nothing more. I will be back at the end of May. Wish me Happy Trails..

to be continued..

All pics are mine, taken in April 2018

Comments

  1. Enjoy to the fullest, Weronika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Encarni xxx It's going to be a real adventure. And of course David's music will be with me and we will be talking about him too (a little bit)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you, Weronika! You are going to England and meeting up with your David friends there! I wish you and them a wonderful time! You deserve it! Thank you so much again for such a wonderful blog on David! Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judy, yes I'm so happy. My English friends, DC's fans, we met on the DC Official Website more than 4 years ago, and we are like sisters. We haven't seen each other for some time (Covid), but at last I can go. Thank you for your kind words, I love writing about David xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'