My First Night Alone Without You / Kim Vassy

Don't be afraid, this is not the end of The Las Vegas Stories, I hope to publish more, just waiting for some. And  meanwhile an entry (for the second time) about that amazing and powerful song, the song most of us love so much. And for some personal reasons I've been listening to it a few times recently.

Maybe Bonnie Ratt's version. It was a hit in 1975.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7dmCRmn6g

Beautiful..but it lacks something. As if she had already come to terms with her fate. What can be done, she is  sad but somehow it will be..

'My First Night Alone Without You' was written and recorded as a promo by Kin (Kim) Vassy ( Charles Kindred Vassy, 1943-1994) a singer who worked with Elvis and Frank Zappa, and also a successful songwriter. And in 1972 a lot of really known artists recorded that song. Apart from David also Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick and Bobby Darin. Let's check Ray Charles' version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kxTy0egFTo

No, not for me, maybe because of the arrangments. This is simply David Cassidy's song and a proof what a great singer, crooner he was. He wanted to be an actor, he wanted to be a rock singer, but he was the best as the great interpreter of love songs. If a great artist is one who can move us, touch our hearts, then David Cassidy was such an artist.

And I remember when I first heard this song in his interpretation. It was after November 2017. As my readers know, I became a real fan just a few years ago. In 2017 I didn't have any DC's albums, I got to know his music via You Tube. One song led to another. I loved most of them, but I really fell in love with DC when I heard 'My First Night'. And you must know that I'm a very optimistic, happy, sensible woman, and I don't cry..But David made me cry and he made me think about some ..forgotten and deeply buried feelings..

He was singing from his heart, and  life was really not worth living..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS32TrVNUY8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'