The David Cassidy Official Las Vegas Star Ceremony.

Most fans have returned home (I know one fan from Australia is still in America), now when the event has become a memory I think it’s time  to write about the meaning of it.The Meaning of The Star.

Since November 2017 fans have been working very hard to commemorate David Cassidy. Plaques, benches, charities, Timm McCoy’s David Cassidy Day, special radio programs, podcasts, now we have a star..Everything is important, but that event in Las Vegas is something which has a special meaning. It was a  magical time. A  time for making new amazing friendships. The gathering of David Cassidy's big family. Because we, DC’s fans, are the same generation and we love David Cassidy.


I’ve been trying to read and watch all what fans posted on social media. Feeling of course envious watching those wonderful videos, but also genuinely happy for those lucky and brave ones who decided to go. Fans from different parts of the US, Canada, South America, Europe and Australia. Not an easy decision to make in these troubled times. But they’ve made it, for David, and they’ve had a truly magical time together.


Of course I’m disappointed that no journalist from the Las Vegas press has appeared. At the time when DC was a star there, a lot of articles and interviews were published. But it was many years ago. Now we have just one article, written by Sylvia Lee, a fan who attended the event.


https://zrockr.com/2022/04/21/david-cassidy-star/?fbclid=IwAR3VerH444hNGHNOU-XJwwNaaXed2OTkFkMIml9jzbFysBz4ltPKrNE7418


I wasn’t in Las Vegas so I’ve asked some participants to write  for us, to share their memories and reflections. And today I'm very happy to present Wendy Copeland's memories. Thank you so much.


I was asked to write a brief story of my trip to Las Vegas for David Cassidy’s Star Event – you can imagine my answer was yes, yes and yes!!

David’s star being laid and the event has been in the planning for several years and was achieved by the amazing team who pulled it all together along with his fans.

I booked my plane ticket 3 weeks before the event and from that time on the excitement began for me………..
Having worked previously in Los Angeles and was a frequent visitor to Las Vegas 32 years ago my impression when I got to Las Vegas April 2022 was WOW it had go tbigger and better.

For me though some of the memorable parts of the event was meeting so many beautiful David Cassidy fans from all over the world and the love they felt for David was immeasurable These people will be my forever friends.

We had a Fan Night, an amazing bus tour visiting some of the places David had performed and boy did we laugh!!! We danced and sung his songs and had the most amazing time with a grin on our faces from ear to ear

The ceremony day – everyone together (dressed up) having our picture taken by David’s Star and singing Happy Birthday to him. If felt like David was present and I can just see him saying “wow did all my fans do this for me?” 

Well yes David this is all for you our Darling David.

The afternoon of the ceremony was both magical and very moving. One of the highlights for me was meeting Johnny Ray Miller, Timm McCoy, Bruce Kimmel, The Cowsills, Frank Fabio and many others, all these people had a close connection to David each and every one of their speeches had a story or encounter to be told about David and you could feel the love they felt for David. 

There was so much love in the room that day.

David brought so many people together, he wanted to spread love and bring light into people’s lives, he touched countless lives in his lifetime – well he certainly did all that for me.


To sum this up this is an event I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life. I am thankful I was part of this for David and to all my David Cassidy friends I wish you allthe very best. We had the best time ever.

With love Wendy Copeland




All pics by Wendy Copeland













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'