The Las Vegas Stories. Laurie Eby

Another great story today,  my special FB friend from Canada, Laurie. But first a few words from me.

I've been asked why I publish those stories..Strange question really, so far only 3, and I'd love to have many more. Because those fans experienced something special, they were in Las Vegas in our name, the rest of the DC fans who couldn't make it. It was the first (and I hope not the last) that kind of gathering. Of course fans met in London in 2018 (The Phoenix Theatre Plaque), but they met just for that event, and they were only from the UK. 

We should cherish those memories, and each one is different, like each review from any DC's concert are not the same. There is always that personal touch. And we should be grateful that fans share with us their memories..we are in difficult situation. Sometimes I looked at the other fan pages..Osmonds'..even The Monkees'..they still have sth to wait for..We will not have new songs, interviews or concerts. 

Now  let's read Laurie's story. Thank you my friend.

When I first heard about the star event, I was so happy for David but I never thought I'd be able to attend.
I'd been sick off and on since 2009 and after my last surgery in 2021, proper mobility was only a dream. It was David's music that inspired me to keep fighting.

I continued with all types of therapies, several times a week. Then being from Canada and COVID, the cost if I were to get sick was too great. I then found insurance so my mind was made up! I also invited a fan to come with me as I figured everything was paid for anyway..what was one more flight. I'm also very glad that I managed to convince another fan to go who was hesitant about going alone.

We went to see the star the 1st day we arrived. Wow! There it was! David's name on a star in Vegas! It brought me to tears I was so happy! Thank you fans!

t's hard to put into words how surreal the experience was. To meet those people whose names you had only seen on FB and from so far away!
Fan night was so much fun singing and dancing to David's music with fans dressed in 70s garb and TPF, DC and Star Tshirts and Mondrian pattern clothing and pooka shells.

The star celebration was so moving...gathering around the star with a store owner playing David's music behind us.

The guest speakers gave very emotional speeches and it was difficult to fight back tears. Then dinner at Battista's where we sang happy birthday to David and shared a piece of a beautiful cake made for him. Saying goodbye to people that night was like saying goodbye to family! Leaving Vegas felt like I was leaving David. I had strongly felt his presence there.

It was an unforgettable experience and I thank all those who worked tirelessly to put it together. I hope we all meet again for another celebration of David! 


Comments

  1. Wow! I hope you will not be influenced by anyone and continue publishing these stories. It's wonderful how all the fans present felt David's presence! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Encarni, of course I'll not..more to come I hope.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'