The Lost Performances..The Voice of The Turtle.

David and Kay..We have a lot of pics, but the tape of their guest appearance on Good Morning America, July 23, 1979, didn't exist anymore. At the time they were just to appear together on stage, for the first and only time. In 'The Voice of The Turtle'.

David wanted to work with his wife. She wasn't so sure about it. And in June 1977, just 2 months after their marriage she gave an interview and said : 'David can think of us working together more easily than I can. Work was always the one place I had to myself, the one thing I never let boyfriends in on..I would never even let them on the set to watch me work. With David, it's going to have been different. I'm trying to learn that you don't give something up just because you share it with someone.' (June 18, 1977. Marilyn Beck : 'Cassidy-Lenz union happy despite work'). It explains a lot of things..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfzIImCP84

David said in one interview :'a friend of ours wrote a script for us (film) which we want to do'. It was shortly after The Police Story. Nothing came out of this.

The last episode of 'Man Undercover' was aired in January 1979, and that year David worked on a new album which was never released ( the songs he recorded that year were released without his consent in Japan, in 1991). In summer 1979 they decided at last to work together. Why..I think the main reson was money, but when asked DC said that he and Kay had wanted to work together..and 'We are having a good time, and for me that's what most important.' ( August 8, 1979. Janet Simms : Show business couple find 'the play's the thing". Westport News)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmREZ3w_hjE&t=66s

So they performed together in 'The Voice of The Turtle' at Falmouth Playhouse, MA from July 30 to August 4, and at Westport Country Playhouse, West Connecticut, from August 6 to August 11, 1979. That's all. One journalist wrote : ''I'm still trying to figure out why a reprise of the 1943 van Druten comedy?' and ' 'I guess I'm only disappointed in the play's lightness of weight' (Jeanne Davis). Who knows? For David  it was his first role on stage after 10 years..And a lot of his fans came..

Jeanne Davis again : ''..when Cassidy lifted his truly beautiful voice in a few bars of the 'Londonderry Air' and successfully reached for a few notes sung in flawless falsetto his thrilled audience murmurs those wordless sounds that speak worlds beyond mere approval'..I can imagine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBmaFP7kJkw

You can find some reviews on the David Cassidy Official Website

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TheatrePages/VoiceOfTheTurtle.html





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'