"David's Greatest Gift For Us Was His Music'

I didn't write anything yesterday. Nothing unusual, sometimes Im very busy, the  real life is always first. But yesterday was still raining, so cold, no gardening, just housework, shopping and watching Roland Garros (tennis), and I was sure I would write in the evening about Jesus Christ Superstar for my blog. About David as Jesus and Nicolette Larson as Maria Magdalena. She died too young, only 45, in 1997. And in 1979 she had quite a hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFfjWdhROU

Wow..can you imagine those two together on stage. It was an amazing, great production of JCS at the Starlight Theatre, in Kansas City, in June 1984. And a great disappointment when nothing came out of  going on tour with it. So much hard work and just 6 performances. Of course Starlight Theatre is huge, outdoor venue, it can seat nearly 8000 spectators. For David, the role of Jesus  was a great challenge. 

'I've never been at the center of a production with a cast of 150, much less playing Jesus Christ (..) I've never had anything as dramatically or vocally challenging before'. How difficult vocally the role is, we can find out listening to Ian Gillan in the most famous song from that musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjyGy1NR4Y

Amazing, but David Cassidy was also very good. Robert W. Butler wrote in a review : 'For the most part he (DC) nicely negotiated the tricky score and was quite magnificent on Gethsemane'. Magnificent. Wow.. to hear DC in that role. We have the audio of that performance on the website, but it's impossible to listen to, such a bad quality. And suddenly I had an idea and at the same moment I had a call. And bc of that call I didn't write anything yesterday.

An old friend, someone important, after a few minutes I said ; ' I've just had a great idea regarding Jesus Christ Superstar!' ..'What?'..'You know, David Cassidy'..'Is it possible that you are still have nothing better to do and live in a virtual world..?'

Yes, it was just a beginning..Awful. How to explain why writing about DC is important and that I have a normal life, and don't neglect my family and real life friends... At last I thought about what Timm McCoy'd said on his weekly David Cassidy Show last Sunday - 'David's greatest gift for us was his music'. Yes! Wonderful, great music. And I finished the conversation - 'He was a great singer, and I'm a fan. You are not. That's all.'. And we started talking about something else,

But I didn't write anything yesterday.

The pic courtesy of David Cassidy Official Website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'