From London With Love

Let's start with listening to David. I haven't had time for his music while being in the UK, too busy talking and walking, too tired in the evening, the days were very intense. But I had one song on my mind during those days..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV70Fcu8OiY

Yes, the David's influence. I've met with some friends in the UK, the DC's fans, women who became real, not virtual friends. we have been talking about everything, not so much about David himself, but in every English house I visited during that stay, I could see his pics, albums or books, and of course DC is remembered in England like nowhere else in the world.

It was on a train to Cambridge, on Monday. The woman my age asked me something already at the Liverpool Street Station.. and we started talking, and we talked non stop all the way. First about Poland and the UK, differences and similarities, but when she told me her name, I smiled..Stephanie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvR80bRJhE

'Why..?'..'Have you heard about David Cassidy?'..'Of course, such a pretty boy, clean, unthreatening teen idol..'. Like she was repeating something read so many times. And that he wasn't her kind of music, but of course, 'he was known in this country'. When she heard that I was a fan, she asked : 'How he's doing? Still performing? Has he changed much?'. She was really sorry and I was touched by her attention and genuine sadness. Yes, such a shame..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp1oWApvGMY

I've been in London several times but never travelled from Heathrow, it was my first time yesterday. Just unbelievable, the sheer size of that airport..everything. Amazing. And a fellow fan, Tim Edwards, has reminded me that Heathrow's 70th David Cassidy recognition is at the Queen's Terminal, terminal 2, my terminal. The plaque is located in departures longue area top floor. With the words : 'David Cassidy arrived at Heathrow wearing a stetson hat to be greeted by thousands of fans for his 1970s concert tour, he sung 'Daydreamer for BBC's 'Top Of The Pops' next to a jumbo jet.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZ8TzWnQJc&t=169s

Yes..I've found it just 5 minutes after leaving the security. What a perfect place, for I don't know how many to see it. And for me to see it in person..I was smiling and had tears in my eyes at the same time. What an experience, I wanted to shout, : 'Hey people! Have you seen it ???'. And some passengers noticed a middle aged woman smiling to herself..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'