How We Remember David Cassidy..

Interesting topic of conversation,.. or a question. It's not something that bothers me, not at all, and even if, there is nothing I can do about it, and every  fan has the right to remember DC as they wish. 

But I've got some comments about my yesterday's blog (The Last Session) and today was a beautiful sunny day and I've been working in my garden all day long..

So I've been working and thinking. Of course I don't know if DC would have liked 'The Last Session', I can only say that all his life he always wanted people knew the real David Cassidy and he didn't hesitate to reveal a lot about himself in his autobiographies. He made no secret of  his struggle with addiction. For me that's a very important part of his legacy. His courage and his struggles. Of course it's difficult to watch David talking with Dr Phil or Piers Morgan..He changed so much, his character, he knew that himself, and I absolutely understand why we shouldn't talk about it on FB, and also about David's private life, and first of all don't discuss any gossip. No way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnC-Pyx3Yw

But on the other hand we shouldn't make him a saint. Some things DC repeated many times and in many interviews were ..PR. It's not very difficult to find info eg about Astrodome concert in 1972. David was only one of many very famous artists who performed that day, the audience didn't come just for him, first of all they came for the 40th annual famous Livestock Show and Rodeo. Or it's not difficult to  find rather unflattering articles on Man Undercover

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1978Nov2_The_News_Journal.pdf

And how we remember David Cassidy? I can only speak for myself. David Cassidy, the wonderful, criminally underrated great singer,  the real man with his ups and downs, fighting to the end. Someone who's changed my life for better, and I've understood a lot of things about myself because of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39g1m9Wkt1I



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'