'I'll Never Stop Loving You', Or Looking For Treana Morris

Treana Morris. Duet with David Cassidy on this truly wonderful song, the song which never fails me, I always listen to it ..with admiration, that's the best word I can think of. David very rearly did duets, but that one is just outstanding. And I love David and Treana's version the best, not bc I'm a DC fan. The Cher's version is..powerful, but leaves me indifferent..Yes, she had a great voice but I can find real emotions, the real sadness, despair and love  listening  not to  Cher's, but to David Cassidy and Treana Morris' version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-BSDv31eDc.

But how that collaboration looked like? A few months  ago I wanted to find something about Basia's backing vocal on 'Romance'. I wanted even write to her ( after all she's Polish). I found an article from 1985 or 1986 about Basia and the band she performed with in the mid-80s, Matt Bianco, and it was written there about her collaboration with David, and  that they didn't meet at the studio. Anyway David called her and thanked Basia for her work. That's all. I can't resist to listen and watch  Basia and her boys, it's such an uplifting song, Basia later had quite a career in the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAc4q1YqdOU

So Treana Morris. I have never heard about her and today had a lot of interesting surprises..First of all as a young girl (she's English), she played flugelhorn (a kind of brass instrument), and even performed at Royal Albert Hall. She started writing pop songs (with a friend) while at school and these songs came to attention of an American record label..Yes, Scotti Bros Records. So they were recording for the same label, young girl from England and David Cassidy. Treana wrote an original soundtrack for a tv series Baywatch (in 1993) and was 'discovered' by Roger Taylor (Queen's drummer).

She is multi- talented, she's been (leading vocal) in the band Wire Daisies and performed (backing vocals and touring) with such famous artists like Annie Lennox or Robbie Williams..Wow..it will be great to know something more about her work with David. 

So Treana Morris and Wire Daisies. Impressive..I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZrAtuW_vS0


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful video, "I'll Never Stop Loving You." I really love this song! I feel like this is David's way of telling us that he will always love us. Thank you so much again for such a wonderful blog, with such wonderful videos and everything! I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, yes that song is so special for us, his fans xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'