'Let Him Alone Already..'

Someone wrote it in a comment about a non-existing (so far) book. With Henry Diltz pics. Join venture with Johnny Ray Miller. Henry Diltz took thousands of David Cassidy's photographs, those professional for teen mags and those truly priceless, private ones. They were friends and David Cassidy trusted him. We have a short video from 1978 with two of them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTPDRzGcEI

Henry Diltz was with David Cassidy on his world tour in 1974, as a photographer and as a musician, but what is the most important for us, he was David Cassidy's loyal friend. I can't imagine that now he would like to cross everything out and show us something he shouldn't. Or wanted five minutes of fame or to earn from this friendship.

He is a true legend, he was inducted into International Photography Hall Of Fame. He doesn't have to prove anything, he doesn't have to do anything. He is famous and he is 83. If he really wants to do such an album dedicated to David..Wow it would be only a labor of love..Of course if such an album is made, it will not be given away for free, for obvious reasons. I just can't imagine an amount of work which should must be done with editing such an album. The cost of paper, printing..everything should be perfect..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dytc6FhkK8I

And Johnny Ray Miller, the author of 'When We're Singin', a true authority on The Partridge Family and their music, but first of all a fellow fan, someone for whom David Cassidy's legacy is so important. We can be only grateful and hope that such a book will appear. Fingers crossed.

I know that David Cassidy still generates a lot of emotion and each fan has own strong opinions, and we all still love him. I know that sometimes is a very thin line between sth which can be a valuable info and..a gossip. And of course I know that there are people who want to earn money on DC. But not everyone.

Once again Henry and David. Singing together 'Daydream Believer'. In 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbrQVcWiMfk

Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for this! Yes, I have heard that David and Henry were really great friends since the Partridge Family. Henry took lots and lots of beautiful professional pictures of David. I would be so happy if Henry can make a book of all of the beautiful pictures that he took of David, but without any pictures that David asked him not to publish. I am very happy that Henry was inducted into the International Photography Hall of Fame! He really deserves it! I really love hearing what Henry says about David. I never knew that Henry is a musician. The video of David, Henry, and the other gentleman singing "Daydream Believer" is priceless. Thank you so much again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy xx Yes, Henry Diltz was a musician first. He played with Modern Folk Quartet, and became interested in photography while being a member of the group. He played on some The Monkees' recording sessions, and he played harmonica during the DC World Tour in 1974.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of books, did you say that you wrote a book about David? If yes, have you ever thought of publishing it? I would really love to buy it! Thank you so much again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have..But I use quite a lot of info from my book writing this blog. I wrote it 4 years ago, and since then my English has improved, and now the book looks rather naive. But, yes I'd love to write one day a DC's biography with a lot of indexes etc.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'