The Bag And The Briefcase..

I knew there were gifts waiting for me in England. My friend B. likes buying me old DC's singles at her local charity shops. Very old and very cheap. Yes, she is a former fan, and treats my writings and my works for the website as a strange hobby. She used to be huge and loyal David's fan, she still listens to his music from time to time, but DC for her is a closed chapter. In spite of it we are real friends and have many common interests. Like walking..Maybe one song, one of B.'s fav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmgENKr3x4&t=73s

So I arrived on Monday, and we were in Salisbury on Tuesday and on Wednesday we were exploring neighborhood..but it was raining rather hard, and after 2 hours we went to B.'s house for some refreshments (and to dry).

"Do you want that bag W.?'..'Of course!'.. 'And those badges?..'Charming and lovely. Sure!'..'And 'New Melody Maker Annual 1974'? And 'The Partridge Family book - Keith, The Hero', and..'..'Hold on! I have only one cabin suitcase..'. But she disappeared upstairs and returned with a very big, black briefcase. Without a word, she  placed it on the table in front of me and opened it..Wow. A briefcase full of memories and love..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKYMuQ5PvE

Old posters once displayed on the B's bedroom walls, but first of all an amazing, huge collection of newspaper articles, not pics, but whole articles, very often with the name of the papers and dates. Priceless. Times, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Mirabelle, Jackie. Some articles and even pics absolutely new for me. Mostly from the 70s, looked so..ancient, but there were also David's obituaries..

"So? Do you want them?'..'Do I want them? Yes, but I can't take everything even if  I leave all my clothes in London..But what are you going to do if?'..'If you don't take them? A garbage bin..'...'No! You can't!. I mean you can of course, but how can you?? After so many years?'

But of course I could understand, those things and those articles lost their magic for her, that old love had gone forever..So I took what was possible and brought home. And now instead doing sth in the garden I'm learning how to make good scans. The things we do for love..

And yes, I've left some clothes (and even shoes) in London..And B. left the remining articles in the briefcase ..'They will be waiting for you..Next time.'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJMhqHQWho

Comments

  1. Dear Weronika, thank you so much for sharing this! Thank you so much for showing us David singing "Walking In the Rain" with the Partridge Family. I really love this video! I always feel so sad when a David fan stops being his fan. That was so sweet of B. to put her David articles, etc. in a suitcase, and offer to give them to you! What a treasure! I'm so sorry that you couldn't take the suitcase home, but that is so sweet of her to save them for you for the next time you go to see her! Now that is something to really look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing "Do You Believe In Magic" too! I really like this song and video too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'