David Cassidy and Susan Kay Quatro

It was a surprise for me, I've had no idea that they were the same age, just a coincidence of course. Suzi Quatro was born on June 3rd, 1950, and  yesterday evening I spent happy time listening to  some very old hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTsl3GQffc

Oh yes, that was fun.  She wasn't the first girl playing bass and singing in a band, but I loved Suzi Quatro, Even being 12 or 13 I knew her hits wasn't very meaningful or ambitious kind of music, but it was our first step to enjoying rock, and how I wish I were her, playing with boys, in a real band. And she was  a bandleader, that was also important. She said in 2013 : ' I played the boys at their own game. For everybody that came afterword, it was a little bit easier. I'm proud of that.' (Dec14,2013, Metro Times, Scranton, Pennsylvania).

 'Devil Gate Drive'. Still such excitement after 48 years. And she really had a voice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qwIC2CLEsM

Susan from Detroit, Michigan. As a kid she received formal training in playing classical piano and percussion, she played drums in her father jazzband, she taught herself how to play the bass,  performed with her sisters, came to England in 1971, some people wanted to make  'a new Janis Joplin' out of her. But she didn't want to be 'a new someone'. 

Suzi had a great success when  that famous duo, Nicky Chinn  and Mike Chapman started writing songs for her. She was very popular in Europe and Australia, but not in her native country. She had her first hit in the USA singing a duo with the Smokie's frontman, Chris Norman. But I didn't like that song. She was a part of my growing up..

And David Cassidy and Suzi Quatro ? They were both huge stars in the UK in 1973 and in 1974. There is one tv program on which David and Suzi were guest stars together.. in 1995. Interesting..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1995PebbleMill.html

the pic courtesy of The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'