David Cassidy - Teenage Dream

 

What a great title for this really extraordinary BBC doc, directed by Karen Walsh, for me this one is very important. He was our dream and in a way still is, even that we are not teens anymore. Some of us have grandkids.

That documentary was aired on December 12, 1998. And it was a sheer luck, an amazing coincidence that I watched it. In 1998 I forgot completely that once I loved music so much, I forgot how once I'd heard 'How Can I Be Sure' and how I'd fallen in love with that fabulous voice. I was overworked, lived in an enormous stress, had no money, was very unhappy and had no idea what to do with my life. And that evening I just had some free time, turned the tv on (we had a satelite tv), and it just started ..and I found myself in another dimension, another time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZ3q6WUvw8

Only 40 minutes,  they didn't change my life, but how completely stunned me. I never saw any of those footage, never had a teen mag in my hands, and seeing everything and knowing that it was so long time ago..that was hard. I felt so robbed and ..old. 

I think the most powerful was hearing 'How Can I Be Sure' again, for the first time since 1973. I was just speechless..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZN5JsiLj8

And those pics, concerts, teen mags, DC in Bonanza, The Partridge Family, DC young and older , Shaun Cassidy telling the story of the Cassidy family. I didn't understand 50% of what was said, didn't know most of the people who took part in it and share their memories. I think only Shaun, Alice Cooper and Jill Dando, who was a known  BBC presenter at that time, and was killed the next year, in April 1999. She was a fan too.

First of all I was so sad and..angry. How it was possible that I never heard anything about it. Even about Bernadette. Of course the communist regime was to blame. Teen idols weren't good examples for the  Polish teens in the 70s. David was unknown in my country. And in 1998 was too late for me.

But I promised myself after watching it,  that I would do everything to get to know more about DC and his music, those wonderful songs I had no idea about..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBc549rcF4

the pic is a screenshot (TPF), The David Cassidy Official Website


Comments

  1. Dear Weronika, thank you so much for this, and thank you again for writing such a wonderful blog about David! Thank you so very much also for showing us the "How Can I Be Sure" video! This is one of my favorite videos! David sings it so beautifully, and I really love his beautiful fucshia (bright pink) outfit! I also remember you saying that "How Can I Be Sure" was David's very first song that you heard on the radio, and you didn't even know what he looked like then. I feel so bad that you were not able to see him on the Partridge Family and other shows in the 1970's, and that there were no teen mags, etc. in Poland then. I really loved them! I thank God now for DavidCassidy.com, YouTube and Facebook, and your wonderful blog! I can see and read so many things about David that I never saw and knew before, and have the opportunity to communicate with you and other David fans! You are doing such great research about him, and you have such a wonderful gift of doing this blog, and teaching us so much about David! Thank you so much for wishing to do this, and for being so kind to do this for David and all of us! I really miss seeing David in the teen mags, but I keep thanking God for your blog, DavidCassidy.com, YouTube and Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, you are so kind. A lot of fans work very hard, they make so wonderful tribute videos and share info. We all miss David xxx Big hug xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'