Long Live Cass..

Thank you Tony Prince, for your support and for your words. Long live David Cassidy music, we have been enyoing it for so many years and nothing will change. It still brings us so much joy and happiness. His songs never fail to improve my mood or just make me feel better. Always. 

And it happens that 51 years ago DC performed for the first time in a place where he was  happy himself. At Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs. Sure he must have felt awful that first time, because just 2 weeks later he had his surgery..We know that he didn't feel good for quite a lot of time, but no one knew how serious the problem was. Of course the stress and overwork were to blame. And even when it was obvious that he had serious problem with his gall bladder nothing really was done. On the contrary.  Yes he got Demerol (and it's highly addictive) and they put him on diet. There was work to be done..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YcZnUSHLvc

'They put me on this diet ; no spice, no fat. I was eating toast and oatmeal and nothing else. I was on it for a couple of months and I really got skinny. I didn't weigh much to begin with, maybe 125 pounds, and I got down to 112 pounds. I was a rail.' 112 pounds for a man..That's 50-51 kg. Unbelievable. Everybody noticed it of course. There is even one article on the website from June 28, 1971, with a catchy title - 'How To Lose Weight - Be a Teen Idol'

It's hard to understand that his manager or his parents, no one interfered, intervented. He should have had that surgery much earlier and as DC wrote himself : 'That was really a close call. I'm very fortunate they got it out in time.'..Yes.

And they made him playing concerts again much too soon. DC had the surgery on July 12th at Mt Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, and he performed again on August 14th at Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, (it was Saturday), and the next day, on Sunday he had a concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD. 

David Cassidy : 'Six weeks (he never was good with dates) after the operation I returned to work. In addition to working on the show, I kept doing concert dates. I broke the record at the Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey. The box office take was huge. Running more on nerves and adrenaline than anything else, I did six shows in one week.'

We have some audio from August 14th, 1971. 'I'm Here, You're Here.'

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1971Aug14ImHereYou'reHere.mp3

And really very moving 'Summer Days'

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1971Aug14SummerDays.mp3

Please sign THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


All quotes- David Cassidy: Could It Be Forever?, 2007





Comments

  1. Dear Tony Prince and Weronika, I agree, long live David! It is not only David's music, but just seeing David and his beautiful smile always makes me happy. When I am feeling down, he always makes me happy again. I thank God that he had his gall bladder removed just in time! I have trouble believing that his parents, Ruth Aarrons (his manager), and everyone who knew him then, did not try to get him to have the surgery sooner. I personally believe that he was pushing himself too much, or maybe the Partridge Family and/or manager were pushing him too much. Since I was not there, I really don't want to accuse or blame anyone for anything since I really don't have all the facts. I have heard that he was on the Partridge Family set from morning til night. Then, instead of going home to rest, he went to the recording studio, and stayed there sometimes for many hours. Then he got hardly any sleep, because he had to get up early to be at the Partridge Family set again. Then he did concerts on the weekends. I personally don't know how he did it for so long. I have heard that he really didn't want to be on the Partridge Family (even though I love the way he sings on it!). He wanted to go off on his own, which is why I believe that he wanted to do his own solo albums and do concerts. Because of his doing all of this, I really believe that he really sacrificed a lot for us. I have never heard of anyone else doing anything like this. I am so happy that David has his Star in Las Vegas! I have no reason why he will not receive his Stone in London. He really deserves it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'