'Summer Days', June... and Tony Romeo.

I don't know how it's possible but it's June again and I feel like that man from an old joke, who once eating his toast in the morning said : 'I feel like I eat breakfast all the time'. So it's something similar with me and June. Such an important month always, the last at school before summer holidays, a lot of family birthdays, the Father's Day, my wedding..And the longest days, always perfect weather...'I feel the sunlight on my face..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtAv3gY8iLo

And since I've become an avid DC's fan, June is my personal Tony's Romeo month. He died in June, on the 23rd, in 1995. At the age of 56. I'm afraid that he always be a kind of mysterious figure for me, even that I still trying to find something more about him. I've checked The Cowsills website, and it seems they have nothing really to say about him. But they've included Tony's obituary from the Sunday Gazette (June 25, 1995) with some info. 

Before working for TPF, he wrote two hits, 'Indian Lake' for The Cowsills and 'I'm Gonna Make You Mind' for Lou Christie. I've listened to them..once is enough. They lack sth for me. Yes, young David Cassidy's voice. In David, Tony's found the perfect interpretator for his songs..

And I've discovered sth strange  when I wanted to post a link to one of my fav Tony's songs for this blog. 'You Are Always On My Mind'. The videos  with this song on YT give credits not to Tony but  to...Mark James, Johnny Christopher and Wayne Carson..Really, but those guys wrote quite a different song. For Elvis. It was called 'Always On My Mind'. What can I say. It looks like fans don't remember and respect Tony Romeo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc2LdAbrY4A

And it's enough to read a list of the songs he wrote for The Partridge Family and personally for David. They were wrote with him in mind, many of them. And I know those lyrics by heart..

'When the chains around me no longer ground me...and all at once I met you and you stop me in my tracks..I may stumble I may fall..Yes, love..since you've been away..I only called to let you know..rock me to sleep in your arms..but be certain not to stray he will steal your heart away..I don't know how to deal it..walked her to the station and kissed away the tears..may all your days be happy with joy that never ends..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ca5PvKMQek

 Tony Romeo  December 25,1938 - June 23, 1995

Comments

  1. Summer Days still my favorite over I Think I Love You, Tony also I Am A Clown .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'