David Cassidy In Print. Record Mirror. Part 1

The David Cassidy Official Website, that amazing online library, the source of info on David Cassidy. Recently our webmaster Jane has told me that on the website we have - 12380 pages, 25775 photos and 1023 audio/video files. Can you imagine..Unbelievable, and there are still a lot to add, and nearly everyday sth new appears. I know the website pretty well, but of course not everything, and there are some sections I know better and some not so much. Eg there are still quite a lot of the DC's radio interviews I've never listened to. But I can say that I've read most of the articles. 

But maybe a song first. My younger daughter has told me today that the Elton John's remix of 'Cold Heart' is extremely popular now and she enjoys listening to it. And I've told her about Elton and David's friendship and how many, many years ago they performed together on stage. And about 'I'm Still Standing'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49kTmfgthmE

Life is not fair, I have nothing against Elton, on the contrary, but you know what I mean.

So there is a huge section on the website called 'In Print". Books, Songbooks & Sheet Music. Magazines, Newspapers and Web Articles. Chat Transcript. Letters From David. Official DC Newsletters. A lot of people during many years have been working in their free time for other fans, searching for articles, for info, and taking scans. Labour of love.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/Magazines.html

And this year our collection has been enriched with the articles about David from Record Mirror. It was a weekly, UK music magazine published from 1954 to 1991. Less popular than New Musical Express, but  more involved in pop music. On the website we have more than 50 articles about DC from RM, the first one from March 1972, the last from June 1985. Of course I can't say we have everything, There is not a single article between June 1975 and February 1985, it should have been checked on the Record Mirror online archive, but everything needs time (and sometimes money)

From the website, DC singing Daydreamer for ORTF-TV Paris (with screenshots)

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1973March7_ORTF-TV_Paris.html

Not every fan has time or know-how well enough to help running  the website, that monument of the David's legacy, but every single fan can and should sign the petition. We need your support. Our labour of love for DC

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K



Comments

  1. Dear Weronika, Jane, and everyone who helped contribute to DavidCassidy.com, and Weronika's blog "Being Together With David Cassidy," Thank you so very much! I never knew there were so many magazines and articles about David! They are on my reading list! Thank you all so very much again! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Judy. There have been hundreds who contributed to the website, giving for free their memorabilia, priceless photographs, and sharing with us wonderful stories about DC, meeting him or seeing him in concert. He touched the lives of many people all over the world.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'