Do You Believe In Magic /John Sebastian

Lovin' Spoonful was very popular in the second part of the 60s, they influenced The Beatles, they had a great pop success, they are in  Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Not my fav band, but DC loved that music.

I've read once an article, I think it was from 1972, (I can't find it now),  it was an interview with David Cassidy and he said he wanted to record 'Do You Believe in Magic' himself. After all, he did another John Sebastian's classic, and it's a great version, so uplifting, we can hear that just dreaming about this lucky girl made him happy. And I always smile while listening to it.


I've thought about 'Do You Believe In Magic' because Bobby Sherman had birthday yesterday, you know -  young girls and the magic of music and teen idols..I love reading old teen mags and watching teen idols of the past, that was something I couldn't do when I was a teen. Teen idols were forbidden in my part of the world,  behind the Iron Curtain. 

I never heard about Bobby Sherman in the 70s, maybe also because he was the most popular in the USA and in the late 60s, I was too young. Of course Bobby appeared in one of the episodes of The Partridge Family and we can hear both of them, Bobby and David singing. There is an amazing, extended version of 'Stephanie' on YT.


David of course for me..

There are some similarities in their careers, even if DC didn't like when someone compared him with Sherman.  Sal Mineo, helped  Bobby a lot, even wrote songs for him  and helped him sign his first contract,  Bobby was on a popular tv series too, and in the 90s (like later David)  performed on The Teen Idol Tour with Peter Noone, Davy Jones and Micky Dolenz (who replaced Davy in 1999). 

Bobby Sherman found a new career or better say a  new calling. In the middle of the 70s he left the public spotlight and became an emergency medical technician, and later served with the Los Angeles Police Academy instructing thousands of police officers in first aid and CPR..Teen idols, amazing guys. Always treated so unfair.

As we know David at last recorded 'Do You Believe In Magic', but his younger half brother did it earlier. It was a hit for Shaun Cassidy, a teen idol, in 1977.


David Cassidy,  a teen idol just for a few years, we know that first of all he was a great singer. 

Please Sign The Petition. Long Live Cass..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'