I Never Saw You Coming / David Cassidy, Jay Gruska, Bill Mumy, David Jolliffe

What a fantastic song, I love the version recorded in 1979 and released in Japan in 1991. I know that David Cassidy himself wasn't happy when that CD appeared, of course in the 90s he played quite different music, but I love those recordings. And that version of 'I Never Saw You Coming' is just fabulous. Makes me..want to get up and dance, David's voice even if a little bit hoarse (someone has written it in one of the comments and I agree with it), but it's even more..sensual. I love it. It's just irresistible. It's another bitter-sweet David's song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zs_RFSjwII

A happy music and a serious not so happy lyrics 'I opened my eyes too late to see that you'd gone...' but why we feel they had a great time recording it ? Because they were young, friends and had a lot of fun. In 1976 when DC recorded the first version of 'I Never Saw You Coming', his co-author was only Jay Gruska. But in 1979 he invited 2 other friends. Bill Mumy (b.1954) a known child actor in the 60s, and also a very talented musician and a songwriter, and we can say nearly the same about David Jolliffe ( born 1952). I can also add that both of them toured with ..Shaun Cassidy. Really Los Angeles is a very small village.

And I have one surprise for you, a recording made in 1976, with David in backing vocals. The title, 'To Be In Hollywood' . Besides DC we can hear Jay Gruska, Bill Mumy, David Jolliffe and..Peter Gordon

https://www.davidjolliffe.com/music

DC rerecorded in 1979 just one more song from 'Gettin' It In The Street'. It was 'Junked Heart Blues', with a little different lyrics. It's wonderful, it's a great song of course, but I prefer that more personal version from 1976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexk9glmnv8

And don't forget and please SIGN THE PETITION. We owe it to David..

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'