'..My Fans Go For My Music..'

It's just a fragment taken out of context, from the interview published in November 1972, Hit Parader Magazine. DC was asked if he didn't care being compared to eg Jane Fonda. Did he object?. David answered that it was silly, and that he was compared to many people, men and women, and that he had given up caring. 'The whole day is filled with so many silly things and I can't let these little things get to me. If I did, then I'd have gone out of my mind long ago..'

Maybe a song, something carefree and happy. The last days were difficult, fighting for The London Music Walk Of Fame Artist Stone Honour for David Cassidy, and an unpleasant exchange of opinions that destroyed the peace in our small world of David's fans..

'All I Wanna Do Is Touch You'. Written by Irwin Levine  and L. Russell Brown. The B side of the single 'Cherish', released in September 1971. Irvin Levine (he died in 1997) and L.Russel Brown. They wrote together one song I really don't like ('Tie a Yellow Ribbon..). But they are forgiven, because they wrote for TPF "I Woke Up In Love This Morning', 'Am I Losing You', 'Every Bit O'You' and for David, 'All I Wanna Do Is Touch You.'

The video, like always wonderfully made by Anna Maria Ottengren. I'm a great fan of her work. Her videos are not just sets of (always) great DC's pics, but there is always sth extra, an idea, and everything  made with great care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iI6xxwIb0

Just wonderful, I already feel better. 

David Cassidy said in November 1972: ' I like to think that my fans go for my music rather than for my face because that's what I'm all about.'

One more Anna Maria Ottengren's video, just outstanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8VR5WuYy0

And the Petition

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for sharing David's video, "All I Wanna Do Is Touch You"! I love this song! This is one of my favorite David songs! Thank you so much again for doing such a wonderful blog, and for including such wonderful videos! They are a real treasure, just as David is to us. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'