Wish You Were Here / Harold Rome

First the original..the one Jack Cassidy taught his small son, David. Recorded in 1952. 70 years ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boNC9Sbv34

65 years later at the end of his life David Cassidy knowing that not much time was left, was struggling to record it.

We write quite often that we still miss David, especially on the 21st of each month, it's scary how many passed. But I've thought that, you know, I've come to terms with it, time is a great healer. And I never met him in real life, even never saw him in concert. I'm just a fan. 

So David Cassidy is like any other person we knew and liked or loved, and we cherish those memories and we smile thinking about the past, but we don't cry, we are just grateful. Like when I pass by the block of flats in the center of Warsaw where I used to live and was so happy many years ago. I always smile. But sometimes an old song on the radio, a painting or pic, even a stranger who looks like an old, dear, late friend..make us sad. And today I've listened to the radio interview which really made me tearful.

The soul brothers. David and Craig..This is just amazing, so powerful  and magical, showing their bond and how unique, wonderful singer, and one of a kind performer David Cassidy was. It was just 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CdmO4dWGHs 

So Craig J Snider's radio interview on the Tony Perkins Show, on November 27, 2017. I must have listened to some fragments once (btw you should skip the first 10 minutes of that program, it's not about David), but only today I've listened to the whole conversation. Craig was still in shock of course..There were some fragments which  made me smile actually, when Craig told how they'd met or how he was driving around the country after David to record his vocals for the Remix album. How wonderful voice David had..to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_u_sKQ_2Zo

But some things were hard to listen. And the first thing Craig said when asked what kind of person DC was..sensitive That David was extremely sensitive, he said, and very, very tired after so many years of constant working,, and that he didn't eat as he should, 'regular fashion', as Craig said, didn't have enough sleep at regular hours, and that he lived in such pain. How challenging touring was.  About those last recordings. How it was extremely difficult for David recording 'Wish You Were Here'. Craig -' this song really tortured us..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pScpalsrNVI

And..that was really hard. How DC wanted to move on with his music, and enjoyed playing the remixes versions of his hits, but once his agent told him that some fans had complained..they wanted to listen to the hits how they were recorded in the 70s..And David resigned..he said that he didn't have energy to fight..

This is the interview

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/Radio2017Nov27_TONYPERKINSSHOW.mp3

And THE PETITION. It's such  a small thing we can do. He was always for us.

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for sharing this. I am really glad that David's Dad taught him to sing "Wish You Were Here," when he was little, and that David recorded it. I never heard this song until I heard David sing it. Now I love this song. If my Mom & Dad were still here, I know they would like it too. I think that that was so nice of David to record the CD, "Songs My Father Taught Me." I think he did it for his Dad. I am guessing that a lot of people who are our parents' age who are still with us, would really enjoy it too. It is from their era. Yes, David and Craig were really great friends. They enjoyed making music together, and they toured all over, doing concerts together. They were friends for several years. I give Craig a lot of credit for doing that interview and sharing about David, only a few days after David passed away. I know that we all have a lot to say about someone who we are close with, after they pass away. That would have been very hard for me, with the cameras on me. Thank you so very much again for writing such a wonderful blog for David and us fans, with such great pictures and videos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'