You Were The First One / Barney Robertson

Another song recorded in 1979. I've been trying to find something about that guy, Barney Robertson. There is a musician and producer called BarnyR. who knows..

But something different first. From the FB. Something I've read today, a post from a group suggested for me. With such message : 'Take time to thank a musician today. Because, let's face it, your life would be a living hell without music in it.'. Of course, I'd have been quite another person without music, unhappy and gloomy. And I've thought about our petition. 

So - take time (just a minute ot two) to thank David Cassidy today. Because, let's face it, your life would be.. without his music in it.' Can you imagine your life without the DC's music ? Sign the petition !

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

But let's return to 'You Were the First One'. One of my top DC's songs to listen to on the beach, preferably a deserted one.. in the evening. There is a magic in that song. And that magic is the DC's voice and the way he sings it. How many times we read and heard that he'd wanted to play rock music, but he was the best, really one and only with love songs. He was so romantic.. David Cassidy was..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNW8h6gPjA

There are 13 songs on that CD and all of them are about love. 'Crazy Love', 'Strenghten My Love'. 'It Should Have Been Me', most of them about heartbreak, misery, regret.

My personal favourite  is the song wrote by another David Cassidy's friend, Timothy B. Schmit (Poco, The Eagles). Timothy recorded it with Poco in 1973, it's a great song, even if the lyrics are a little bit complicated, but also so addictive. So, Timothy Schmit first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsylh6sAjQ

And now the wonderful David's cover. 'I can see everything, it's all in your smile..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPdyNVp3oI


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'