Any Dream Will Do / Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice

It's happened that today I've been surprised (just a little bit) by two statements. Made by 2 former David's fans. The first one was 16-year-old Denise. Once a die-hard fan, in 1974 she said : (according to the article) - 'He's definitely had it. Even the little girls don't like him', and 'I don't even like to remember about liking David Cassidy.'  Of course it's easy to explain, she outgrown her idol, maybe was even ashamed by the power of her old feelings for him.

The other fan was one of my own English friends, who has told me today, that it's pathetic that some old women still admire a young boy's pics. Some old women - it's us, the DC's fans who still love looking and admiring the young David's pics. I've thought to myself - 'You lose an awful lot of fun, sugar', but I haven't said anything. There was no point. 

This is the link to the article

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1974Jan12_The_Sacramento_Bee.pdf

I'm never offended by such remarks, on the contrary, I want to understand why. In a way it's a kind of the David's legacy. Because it was always like that. The emotions. David Cassidy : 'People seemed to either love me or hate me'. But I rather don't write about those very unfair reviews or articles which were published about him. DC : 'I knew a lot of people hated me because of my success, including some critics. They'd say, 'Pretty face, no talent'. I took a lot of lumps.'

And :"One thing that was frustrating to me was that writers rarely seemed to write thoughtful critiques of my show, or even bother to review my talent or the material at all. They were more interested in covering the spectacle, the money I was making, the fans I was drawing, the number of people who fainted or were injured at my concerts - almost anything other than how well or poorly I performed.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

Yes, it's not easy to find a serious review of the DC's albums or concerts. Something written without personal prejudices and emotions. 

Because it's just enough to listen to any of his recordings, watch any video of his concerts to know how wonderful singer and performer David Cassidy was. And yes, we admire and love his pics. Young or old..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdArwUmGXIs&t=13s

And please SIGN THE PETITION. Just 28 more and we'll have 1000 signatures!!

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'