Being a Fan..In the UK

Being a David Cassidy's fan in the 70s..in the UK. Now those lucky ones who saw him in concerts in Manchester, London or Glasgow, waited for him at Heathrow or Luton, besieged The Dorchester or tried to get on the deck of Ocean Sabre, now they can write and submit their stories with The Museum Of Youth Culture. Sharron Liddle contacted the Museum and they said they want and need David Cassidy memorabilia. It's a great, fantastic news. 

https://museumofyouthculture.com/submit/

Fans can now submit photos, flyers, ticket stubs and write how they loved David Cassidy and his music. But will they do it ? And how many? And why I'm skeptical, sorry. I wish I wasn't. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IasELb7iHo

I have some very good English friends, we talk every day, we've met in person, we know everything about each other, we are real friends. In 2017 and 2018 they told me a lot of stories about being a DC fan. Sometimes it wasn't easy, especially for one of them who lived in a small village and had to walk a few miles to buy a new DC's single. And she only got David's albums for Christmas or her birthday. She couldn't even dream of going to a concert. I've heard funny stories and even tragic ones, eg when mother of one of my friends tore of the walls and threw away all David's posters. Or my fav story how J. who went to a girl's school, hung David's pic in her wardrobe..the pic from Rolling Stone..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwbPy6r5wTk

They were loyal fans. They wrote letters to Daily Mail or Daily Express when something unjust was written about David. Being his fan, his pics, his music helped them endure many difficult life situations. Bullying at school..at home. He brought light and love and hope. He was like a friend. C. told me that the only happy moments in her life were when she was left alone and could listen to David in her room..

But I know it will be very, very difficult to persuade them to submit their stories with the Museum. Not only that for some of them David Cassidy and being a fan are not important any more, something from the forgotten past, but also because those stories are very personal. I hope I'm wrong..I want to be wrong.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K



Comments

  1. Dear Weronika, thank you so very much for telling us about this! That is such a WONDERFUL idea for David's UK fans to submit pictures and stories and memorabilia to the Museum of Youth & Culture! I will try to contact Sharron about this. I also belong to several David Facebook groups. I would love to try to contact them all, but I would like to share this with Sharron first. Thank you so much again for this great news, and thank you so very much again for your wonderful David blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'