If I Didn't Care / Jack Lawrence

I wrote the last entry 2 days ago, very short one about Olivia Newton-John's passing..And I thought that my next one would be called - '1000'. 1k signatures signed for David Cassidy, Music Walk Of Fame Artist Stone Honour. But we still don't have that number and who knows how long it will take to achieve that very modest goal. I've written about it several times, nothing more to say really. 

We cherish each person who has signed and especially those who's found time to write something. Why David deserves that recognition. We know why..Especially the UK's fans should  know and remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiM62mj5j-g

'If I Didn't Care', David's #9 hit in the UK, in May 1974. An extraordinary DC's cover of that very successful song. The Ink Spots recording from 1939 became the 10th best selling single of all time with over 19 million copies sold. Can you believe it? I got to know this song thanks to David. Let's listen to The Ink Spots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwfLe6sLis

It's a very beautiful song of course, great voices, and we must remember it was recorded 83 years ago, it's not our music even if we can appreciate the melody, the lyrics and the voice. 

The David's version is different. The arrangement is maintained in a retro atmosphere, but for me David's version is timeless. Unlike The Ink Spots he doesn't talk about his love to his friends..he is alone..I don't know why, but when I hear that song I always imagine DC walking alone on the beach asking himself that question..'If this isn't love that why do I thrill?..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIrTJOLquU

We know that we care. And why. PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for sharing this! This is one of my favorite David songs! While playing my David records back in my teens, my Mom really enjoyed hearing this song. She said that the Ink Spots sang it back in...I never knew that they recorded it back in 1939! My Mom was only 9 years old then. Somehow, I thought that the Ink Spots were from the 1950's or something. Even though I love David's and the Partridge Family's songs, I always enjoy when I hear David and the Partridges sing the "Oldies But Goodies." Sadly, my parents were not big fans of David and the Partridge Family, but they were always glad when they sang the "Oldies But Goodies." It reminded them of their "Good Old Days" of their youth, and it always made them happy. I am happy that David also sang some songs from our parents' era, which made them happy. Thank you so much again for this wonderful blog, and for sharing these wonderful videos with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'