I'll Have To Go Away / Renee Armand, Kerry Charter

I wasn't an Olivia Newton-John fan. I can't say I know her music, even that like all of us I know quite a lot about her life, and first of all about her courage and fight with the horrible illness which killed her..Stunningly beautiful girl, blond hair, botomless eyes, and  that smile. So charming and sweet. Sweet voice, instantly recognizable..A beautiful, classy woman.

'Grease' wasn't shown at our cinemas in the 70s. But my best school friend Lucy was desperately in love with John Travolta (our friendship has survived it), and she had some pics and also the film's soundtrack...nearly every day I had to listen to 'Summer Nights' and ..you know what. So I wasn't a fan, but yesterday I felt so sad, it was hard when I heard..As if the sun had gone for a moment.. I've phoned Lucy today and we had a very, very long talk, also about Olivia Newton-John. And we cried a little bit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBo_eDreKtk

You can't imagine how many wonderful artists have left us since I started writing my blog at the end of December 2020..A very long list. Some of them were mourned by millions, some were not so known. Gerry Marsden, Leslie McKeown, Don Everly, Charlie Watts, Michael Nesmith, Meat Loaf, Gary Brooker, Andy Fletcher, Rusty Young to name a few..Thank you for the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ImS9RBszE

And we still mourn David. Soon will be 5 years, but it still hurts..And it will never change..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYpNhu9GmUM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'