I'll Leave Myself A Little Time / Steve Dossick

I know nothing about Steve Dossick, but he wrote one of my fav TPF's songs.
Btw I think it's time for me to buy myself the wonderful Johnny Ray Miller's book , 'When We're Singin''. Shipping to Poland is..expensive, more than the book itself, but I really want to have it, and there is no other way to get it. The must have for me for sure. 

So let's listen to this amazing song, recorded by the 20 year old David Cassidy. He was so young, but we can hear that he already knew that 'lovers and friends will come and go like a wind and there's nothin' any man can do..'. The song from  Season 1, Episode 2, ' The Sound Of Money', aired on October 2, 1970.


How I wish to know what Wes Farrell really had thought in 1970 about David. A lot of things can be written about Wes, but first of all he was a great professional and had a real passion for making music. The songs he chose or wrote or co-wrote, and produced both  for TPF and for the DC's 2 first solo albums were great. 

Wes Farrell : 'Larry Utall showed me the pilot and the rest is history. You had a young guy named David Cassidy who had star image written all over him. (..) David came down and sang to a couple of records, Crosby, Stills & Nash, and Chicago. Then I wrote the songs for TPF in David's vocal range. Everything was written with him in mind. David was a one hundred-percenter. He never backed away from his commitment one iota' (David Cassidy : 'Could It Be Forever?', 2007)


Wes Farrell..Of course it was business, he also earned a lot of money, married and divorced Tina Sinatra, and later lost everything.  Like David. And also like David was from New York..I'm glad that he met with DC and saw him in concert in 1995. He died of cancer, aged 56, in February 1996. One more song co-wrote by Wes Farrell.


Truly speaking I've wanted to write about something else and I don't know why Wes Farrell suddenly appeared, that's the way it is sometimes with the blog and my writing. But one thing doesn't change : PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'