'Shake the Pain...

 ..that grows inside me...'

 'Warm My Soul', the song wrote by a teenager, and twice recorded by David Cassidy in the 70s. The author (music and lyrics), Joerey Ortiz, at the time was only 17.

Last year I was trying to find more about him. He was (or is, I have no idea if he still lives and what he does), from a very big family of Mexican and Native American origin, in entertainment for generations.

And at the end of the 60s some boys (mostly), from the Ortiz family, formed a band, called themselves 'Silverbird', started writing own songs and recorded a professional album for Columbia. Wes Farrell himself was so impressed  by Joerey, that he helped him record some demos. But Joerey Ortiz was first of all a very talented songwriter.

"Warm My Soul", recorded for The Partridge Family's 'Up To Date', but rejected by Wes, and with a little bit different lyrics recorded by David again for his second solo album, 'Rock Me Baby". Let's listen, and watch like always fabulous Sharon Angulot's video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEnaz_z41A

I've thought about this song today because of..pain. But not that emotional one, but physical..I've been always very healthy, but it's changed recently..nothing very serious, but let's say I've discovered that knee joints can make life miserable. Anyway it's made me think about David and his health problems. He never spared himself. Have you ever tried playing a guitar ? I tried in the 70s, acoustic and even electric, and resigned because of..pain. Electric guitars used to be quite heavy. Back pain and bleeding hands..Musicians should be treated like athletes..

'Warm My Soul' again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIajU5K1PNE&t=27

When he was to perform in 'Little Johnny Jones' in 1981, David was working especially very hard, with choreographer and he also had tap lessons. Before the premiere (May 1st), he fractured his toe on April 22nd, but was determined against doctor's advice to perform as if nothing had happened. And what DC wrote about it in his autobiography : 'Believe me that was one tough role', that's all..

And so it was every time. "Jesus Christ Superstar" - '..Mr Cassidy's singing voice was slightly strained in the tortuous and frequent falsetto passages (..) He also risked his life and limb in the startling crucifixion scene. ..he hung 20 feet above the stage..'

And 'Time', and first of all 'EFX'..and more than 600 concerts..Always 100 %. Or more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2heMWfI3U

And please sign the PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'