The Lost Concerts

 

And tv appearances. Like that one from Spain, where DC appeared on a tv program called 'Estelar Del Sabado', in March 1973, and sang 2 songs. My FB friend, Encarni Perez tried to get it, but the tape doesn't exist any more. We have only a pic ot two.

There is quite a long list of the tv programmes DC took part in, and we have just a basic info about them. We even don't have videos of all his television acting roles, the earliest ones. His first one from 1959, 'House On High Street', (episode unknown), or when he was on The Survivors (episode 7, aired November 7, 1969).

There is also another one I really regret - 'This Is The Life' (another title 'The Fisher Family'), an episode from a very long running religious series. The David's character was called Gene Sander, and that episode concerned problems related to premarital sex..At least we have 2 pics..So the first his acting tv role we have, actually was his third. Ironside (Dec 25, 1969),

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/Ironside.html

And articles and concerts..Sometimes we have a date, sometimes we are lucky and get some pics, like this year when my another FB friend, Mary Anthony, shared with us her David's pics made from a very short distance, taken at the DC San Antonio's concert, on March 3, 1972. They are not very good quality, Mary was just 11 and very excited, but we are very grateful, she was so brave. David looks on them..such a boy, 8 days later he played the Madison Square Garden concert..Thank you Mary.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1972March3.html 

There is one more category of events or recordings when there is only a trace..when we suspect something, as when Tracey Wright published 2 lyrics versions of the music theme from 'Man Undercover', and I wrote to co-writer Jay Gruska and asked about them, and he sent me that unknown, longer version. That was something. A team work. And a lot of luck that he still had this recording.

So you can understand how I was really thrilled when some days ago we got another part from the DC Japan concert from March 28, 1974. 'I'm A Man' this time, wonderful, powerful audio. Really amazing version. And to think that it was actually shown on tv..Maybe..one day. Who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHtWmiUsxn4

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

The pic - David Cassidy with Mary Ann Sloan ( This Is The Life, episode #1921 "In A Quiet Place) The Official David Cassidy Website.


Comments

  1. Believe me when I tell you that I keep trying... I don't think the recording of "Estelar" has disappeared, rather I think they didn't look for it. I keep writing to people from Spanish television, but from that time, those who are alive are already very old, they don't answer... if they would let me, I myself would rummage through the dusty corners of the RTVE archive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So there is still a chance, it's so annoying knowing the recording could be there.. somewhere.. and they don't care.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'