Workin' On A Groovy Thing / Neil Sedaka, Roger Atkins

or 'The Partridge Family's episode I've never seen'. 'Maid In San Pueblo'. I saw it only yesterday. So the song first..

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRN792lClEg

How to put it..Not very suitable for Chris or Tracey, or the PF's young audience. David's interpretation of The 5th Dimension's hit from 1969 is very sensual. His voice like melted honey. Wonderful, but not for kids. Anyway this recording was never released on vinyl. Let's listen to The 5th Dimension. The arrangment and vocals from another era. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61xIdRTTDQ

But how did it happen that I watched that episode only yesterday? I got the whole TPF's collection 4 years ago as a present. It was so extraordinary, so generous, and very unexpected. I felt like a little girl who got on Christmas the largest doll house in the world.. I just couldn't believe it. So for a few days I was too overwhelmed to actually watch them. At last I decided to start, from the 1st episode, 2 per evening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0K1p51pBLo

Btw. in one of the comments it's written that :'there was a version of 'I'm On The Road' with David taking the lead on some parts but it was never used..' Never heard about it.

After all it took me nearly 2 months watching everything. I felt like a teen, so excited every evening or very disappointed when for some reason I couldn't have my daily dose of TPF. ..Of course I watched the show through the eyes of the adult and one who knew everything about what was happening on and off the set and what was next..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AL8oxCCi-M

It was fascinating watching how DC was changing from episode to episode, how a boy became a man, and how a shy young man became a self-confident super star. How his voice developed. That was amazing to witness. And of course it wasn't difficult to notice his tiredness and fatigue.

Of course DC was a pro, he smiled listening to Ricky's singing, or 'acting' on such episodes like 'Maid In San Pueblo'. The script was co-wrote by Bernard Slade, but it was not good, to say the least. Jackie Coogan as a new grandpa..awful. So  when I started watching it 4 years ago, I just managed to see the first 10 minutes, and I watched the whole episode only yesterday. And I took some screenshots for the website..What can I say..David was breathtaking..

Please don't forget about THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'