'I'm Not There..I Do Not Sleep..'

 

A fragment from a very known poem, wrote and published in 1934 by Clare Harner (btw for many years someone else was thought to be the author). She wrote it after her brother died..'Do not stand at my grave and cry..'

I've wanted to write about something optimistic today, but during my evening walk it's been such an amazing weather, something has changed. Rather chilly, sunny but you can feel autumn is very near, and I have thought about this poem...'I'm the gentle, autumn rain..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6cLVQUTUU

David Cassidy's ashes were scattered at 10am Eastern time at Saratoga Race Course. on that day, four years ago. Of course we know why, he always felt there at home, happy and free. I think it was  a blessing for DC to have such a place where he was just a member of a community. In his professional life he had always so many responsibilities, and it was a burden for him. He didn't want to be a role model when he was a teen idol, 

David Cassidy :'These fans expected me to have answers for everything and I was uncomfortable with that. I had enough trouble coping with the stress in my own life, without having to be anyone else's guru. You may find this hard to believe, but I actually had fans who would tell me, 'I do whatever you do" (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S-gy6P5Kfg

And  he was responsible for people who worked for him, who had work because of him..and everything must have been on time, constant stress and people staring and commenting..In Saratoga Springs he was just one of many ..horse breeders, horse lovers. It wasn't important what he did for a living.

Gary Contessa : 'When he was sitting in the bar at the track - smoking a cigar, reading the Racing Forum - he was so relaxed, so comfortable, so happy'

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/David-Cassidy-s-life-the-good-and-the-bad-12376854.php

'..As you awake with morning's hush I'm the swift, up-flinging rush of quiet birds in circling flight. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there..I did not die.'


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika and everyone, I have a very silly question. Even though David loved Saratoga so much, and it was like home to him, I was just wondering if any of you know if David asked for his ashes to be spread on the racetrack in Saratoga? Thank you so very much again for such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'