Some Kind Of a Summer / Dave Ellingson

I've been checking news from Florida a lot, I have not only some FB friends who live there, but also someone I know personally. My best friend Lucy's (we met at school) older daughter lives in Florida. She has 3 young kids, a husband, a very big dog and a very old cat. They've stayed at their house, everything is ok, it wasn't so bad where they live. They are lucky. But it's not the end..

So I've spent some time with the map of the USA, (I always loved geography and I collect guides (books) and maps) and it made me think about my big adventure, my trip to America in 2019. I owe it only to David Cassidy. So the song, everything started with it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IasELb7iHo

Just wonderful, DC's singing and of course the music and the lyrics. Dave Ellingson : 'I got the idea for the song "Some Kind Of Summer' while Kim and I were driving back to Los Angeles from San Francisco in the summer. It was a road song. David did a great job with the song. We were thrilled that he cut it.'. When I read that fragment of the DC's autobiography I thought to myself : 'How I wish to see all these places, what a shame it's so far away, so expensive, I'm single, have no US visa and last but not least I hate flying'.

David singing 'Some Kind of a Summer' with fans in London, in 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MV6xt855E

But one day I watched the video with this song on YT and read comments, and one woman wrote that she actually had visited all those states from the song. Such a trip was a present from her husband. Wow. And I thought : 'I will make such a gift myself!'. That was the beginning, and in April 2019 I was driving too, the same way as Dave and Kim, from San Francisco to Los Angeles, and even further..Thank you David ..

Once more 'Some Kind Of a Summer', this time 'Cassidy Live!', 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmPnXX7D-EY


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'